Home

5 Things for next year

This is a discussion on 5 Things for next year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: 5 Things for next year

1. Someone honest enough to tell them the truth

2. Sit down with some technical consultants from the NFL who has passion i.e. John Grudden or someone from that cloth to actually oversee the project with passion, instead of looking at film and deciding this is all you have to do. You need a technical consultant several of them on Offense/Defense and special teams. They really need to put an emphasis on play logic and not just a play, what do I mean by play logic. Think Manning and his stretch play do you know when he's going to give to the RB or not? Why does he key on a Mike backer or why does he call out the SS for a WR. Why does the steelers key banging away with the run and they are not succesful? are they stupid or are they seeing something or are they setting up some other play?

3. Tendencies, is well over due for coaches and players it is time to reverse engineer Visual concepts V.I.P. . Someone in another thread posted a nice spread sheet with some team tendencies. Just like your NBA game latch onto one of those scout services. It works well in the NBA game. Games that used the scouting service oft times find people noting that hey it plays like its real life counter part i.e. NBA Live/The show/MLB 2k and NBA 2k.

4. I'm listing these in no particular order, it is way past disrespectful that Tiburon hasn't fixed 5 year old "Legacy" problems, especially ones they are aware of and admitted to as much. No need to list them, we all know them and if you don't cool.

4A. The Callenge system.

5. Stop now with Pro Tak and just go with a full on physics based animation system please go out and get the Havoc physics engine. I think they used this one in MLB the show and a slew of other games. Football is a violent game and its more about collisions instead of just contact. Defenders pursue the ball and arrive with suddenness.

6. Just rip off APF 2K8 Total control defense system, cause the one you have now well it suck.

7. Real time on the fly audibles at the play call screen. Also this next feature was in 2K5 it was handy and often overlook. Pressing down on the RS at the playcall screen will show you how many times you have run a play and the avg. yard for that play, but it was flawed in averages it was good for checks and balances.

8. Don't blog or champion stuff that is a work in progress and claim it to be in the game. I will use the show developers as an example. They didn't say what was in their game until they knew it was working and improving the overall experience of the game. Wait til you go beta and then tell us whats in the game. No more over promising.

9. Take advantage of each system, give me a reason to want to purchase the game on every console. Achievements and trophy goals should be different, PS3 has in its OS screen capture and youtube uploading or save to HDD on the front end take advantage of these things, don't have a 360 so I guess they would love something to take advantage of their system. This gives the game some kind of system identity and it may just give a person a reason to purchase the game for both systems, as of now it just to vanilla.

10. Route running, please, please, please program the WR to sell routes. Right now all the routes are ran and look like walks in the park, because they are all the same

See Jerry Rice

Last edited by backbreaker; 08-30-2009 at 07:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »