Home

Buddy's M10 reaction - unreal

This is a discussion on Buddy's M10 reaction - unreal within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Buddy's M10 reaction - unreal

I've been lurking here for a while, but my buddy is a madden player who NEVER shows up here or on any boards. He emailed this to me and I'm posting it here. Just wonderful...

After 2 1/2 seasons of Franchise play on Madden 10.......... with countless bugs including:
-at least 5-10 instances per game of the QB popping the ball up in the air
-multiple instances of Holding being called on PAT's repeatedly and repeatedly and repeatedly until it was finally like an 80-yard PAT so i declined the penalty
-various injury & animation glitches
-about 20 "accidental" Coaches Challenges because they idiotically made the Challenge button disappear/reappear in the same exact spot as the "Sim Play" button

After suffering through all that and still feeling mildly content about navigating the Texans to an 8-8 season and a 5-2 start in 2011.......the game froze completely (mid-game), shut off the 360, and corrupted/deleted the entire franchise.

GOOD JOB EA!

So yeah, EA has put themselves in a LOT of trouble, here. Guys like my buddy who don't do the "OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PATCH" goofyness are gonna abandon this franchise in droves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Buddy's M10 reaction - unreal

a big mac and a mcchicken sound good.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Out of probably 100 games of M10 played so far, I've only had holding called on a PAT probably 3 times. And it's never frozen on me.

BTW, thanks for joining the forums just to post that comment. I don't know what my gaming would be like if I hadn't read that.

I don't have a problem with legitimate complaints against this game, but when someone joins the forums FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of posting things that have already been posted by numerous people, that I have a problem with.

Last edited by doseyclwn; 08-30-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: had another point to make
Old 08-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Welp. thats it.

Buddy says it is garbage. This will be a trade in tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm not buying this guys story..so he said his buddy never posts here so he emailed him since this guy is already an OS member so he can post it. Well what i dont get is this guy who posted this is brand new to the site and this was his 1st post..hmm...
Old 08-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacMcChicken
I've been lurking here for a while, but my buddy is a madden player who NEVER shows up here or on any boards. He emailed this to me and I'm posting it here. Just wonderful...

After 2 1/2 seasons of Franchise play on Madden 10.......... with countless bugs including:
-at least 5-10 instances per game of the QB popping the ball up in the air
-multiple instances of Holding being called on PAT's repeatedly and repeatedly and repeatedly until it was finally like an 80-yard PAT so i declined the penalty
-various injury & animation glitches
-about 20 "accidental" Coaches Challenges because they idiotically made the Challenge button disappear/reappear in the same exact spot as the "Sim Play" button

After suffering through all that and still feeling mildly content about navigating the Texans to an 8-8 season and a 5-2 start in 2011.......the game froze completely (mid-game), shut off the 360, and corrupted/deleted the entire franchise.

GOOD JOB EA!

So yeah, EA has put themselves in a LOT of trouble, here. Guys like my buddy who don't do the "OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PATCH" goofyness are gonna abandon this franchise in droves.
The only one that is a bug is the PAT. All the others are not really EA's fault. Whats the QB popping mean?

― Plato
Old 08-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Possibly the worst review I've ever heard. Either your buddy cranked the sliders up to make it a terrible game or he's exaggerating a ton.

I've been called for holding on my field goals literally twice in over 30 games, and there's probably 5 times a game where the QB throws it as he's hit, but it only pops up in the air maybe twice a game.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Thanks for joining the forums! But this is some mindless junk.....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »