Home

The Worst Trade AI/Player Management in History: A Case Study

This is a discussion on The Worst Trade AI/Player Management in History: A Case Study within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: The Worst Trade AI/Player Management in History: A Case Study

The Vick trade logic is a little odd, but it could be as simple as the AI wanting to sign a FA QB instead or maybe it's programmed to seek out a certain type of QB.

As for the depth chart thing, I know some odd things can happen when you sign a player. Here's what I think happened: Steelers depth chart is listed as: Big Ben #1, Batch #2, Dixon #3. Ben and Batch get hurt, but remain at #1 and #2. Frerotte is signed and becomes the new #3 (after Ben and Batch). But since the first two are injured he starts the games. Dixon is then bumped off the depth chart and is listed as benched. When Frerotte is injured mid-game, the AI automatically turns to the next possible player who is not benched. That would be the good ol' punter.
I think that perhaps when a player is listed as benched (off the depth chart completely and not a special teams player) that player is not available to participate in games.
The really wierd thing that I can't explain is how the punter with those attributes managed to do so well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Maybe Frerotte just got hurt in those games and Sepulveda had to come in? That's what I assumed when I saw the numbers.

Oh and I can't see Vick going for anything more than a 4th rounder at this point.

I'm only saying what I have heard on a couple radio stations and tv shows, saying if Vick has some decent accuracy and still has those legs under him, he could go for a second round or better. I don't believe that, but that is what I have heard. Not trying to start anything, lol.

To be on topic, I do believe the trade logic is horrible this year. I don't expect anything to be that great anymore with Madden's franchise. It sucks. There is a saying we all know and love "There's always next year."
Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Wait a second. The OP refuses to use Vick even to the point of skipping him to the 3rd string QB, but then complains when the CPU doesn't want Vick.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #28
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
I seldom get involved in trades but I will say in season 3 several CPU teams are starting HORRIBLE QB's when much higher rated guys languish in the FA pool. I'm talking 40+ guys with 70+ guys available.

I've also seen higher rated guys stuck on CPU depth charts below lower rated guys for some odd reason as well.

I do think the CPU roster management AI needs some tweaking.
I actually found a PERFECT way to get around the bold part.

With the addition of editing players on any team there is a glitch/bug (which ever) when ever you change a players position he becomes the starter automatically so go to edit the higher players position make him a Kicker or Punter, Press start then go to edit again and bring him back to his original position and he is now the starter.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #29
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

To the OP, how in the world did you expect to get a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd pick for Vick? That punter situation was pretty wack. It's one thing for him to be playing QB, but to be playing at a decent level is just ridiculous.

To marktg30, I think the Cassel trade was somewhat reasonable, but getting a first and a second for LJ is a bit of a stretch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »