Home

Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Does anyone take control of all teams in Offline Franchise Mode?

I am considering trying this for the first time once the regular season rosters come out. Besides the benefits of making sure the draft is handled realistically and trades and all that, I am most looking forward to playing every Monday Night football game, and a Sunday night game every now and then on top of playing as the Philadelphia Eagles.

I even figured I'd play every playoff game. Decisions on what team to be for games not involving my Eagles, I'd of course flip a coin generated by Random.org.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
Anyone that controls all 32 teams in franchise, can you please PM me. I have some questions.
I'll answer any questions you have. Just PM me when you get the chance...

IMHO...It is THEE only way to play franchise. With the AI controlling the other teams, they end up a mess for the most part with great players NOT getting re-signed or not even picked up in the off-season. Teams drafting players they dont need, and teams in CAP hell.....Just a summary of WHY 32 teams is the best way to go.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #19
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I always played like this in past Maddens but I have not seen too much craziness this year. Last year was a big problem with guys like Manning getting released by the Colts but this year I have not seen the same thing. I am in year 3 of my franchise and the biggest name in the FA pool is Vick, but he is not rated that great. The Eagles let him go after year 1 and in year 2 some team signed him during the season, I remember the headline, and then they released him after the year and he sits in FA now in year 3. The Redskins won the Super Bowl the first year of my franchise and Jason Campbell was the SB MVP, the Redskins let him go after that year and the Vikings picked him up to replace the retired Brett Farve. Jason Campbell is still the starting Vikings QB in year 3.

I will see how things progress but as of now it is not annoying enough for me to make the switch to total human control.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #20
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
I always played like this in past Maddens but I have not seen too much craziness this year. Last year was a big problem with guys like Manning getting released by the Colts but this year I have not seen the same thing. I am in year 3 of my franchise and the biggest name in the FA pool is Vick, but he is not rated that great. The Eagles let him go after year 1 and in year 2 some team signed him during the season, I remember the headline, and then they released him after the year and he sits in FA now in year 3. The Redskins won the Super Bowl the first year of my franchise and Jason Campbell was the SB MVP, the Redskins let him go after that year and the Vikings picked him up to replace the retired Brett Farve. Jason Campbell is still the starting Vikings QB in year 3.

I will see how things progress but as of now it is not annoying enough for me to make the switch to total human control.
I know I'm OCD about realism sometimes, but that would just really break my "suspension of disbelief". How often would a SB MVP not be re-signed by his team? I know it's just me, but that one is a head scratcher.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I know I'm OCD about realism sometimes, but that would just really break my "suspension of disbelief". How often would a SB MVP not be re-signed by his team? I know it's just me, but that one is a head scratcher.
lol...knowing Washington (not to mention their dysfunctional relationship with Jason Campbell) it's actually somewhat plausible. In fact, it's more plausible than them winning the SB in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #22
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I do this too, purely to control the coaching schemes.

All of the off season tasks I let the CPU take care of so it's not much extra hassle, just a quick altering of the coaching schemes to ensure that all teams mimick their NFL characteristics.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Baltimore got rid of their super bowl winning QB the following year.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
I do this too, purely to control the coaching schemes.

All of the off season tasks I let the CPU take care of so it's not much extra hassle, just a quick altering of the coaching schemes to ensure that all teams mimick their NFL characteristics.
That is another great reason to control every team.

On Campbell/Washington, I wouldn't mind it as much if there was a true player personality/morale or team and GM "egos" in the game. Without it, Campbell not coming back to Washington after a SB MVP year seems out of place.

I agree it's feasible and has happened before but I'd love to know that there was a reason behind it and not poor A.I.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »