Home

Hey EA SPORTS guess what?

This is a discussion on Hey EA SPORTS guess what? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Hey EA SPORTS guess what?

Fast 40 speed does not = fast NFL speed. Now i understand what EA was trying to accomplish, they wanted to separate the elite players from the good, the average, and the below average. In my opinion it was a great idea but poorly implemented.

Imagine you and i are playing a ranked game and i line up with Derrick Ward at HB does his 88 speed strike fear in you? Need i remind you that he rushed for 1,025 yards on only 182 carries for a 5.6 avg. Now imagine same scenario with 97 speed Reggie Bush in my backfield, yea your strategy on D would change dramatically. Does it even matter that Reggie Bush averages 3.7 YPC for his career, and would try to dance his way around a 9 foot hole?

Last night i was playing some dude in a ranked match he was the Ravens and i was Tampa, when i saw Troy Smith at QB warning signs started going off in my head. 1st play 19 yard deep in to Yamon Figurs, OK lets 86 man 2 deep 2ND play he rolled back about 15 yards and threw a screen to Yamon for 22 yards 3rd play was a five wide audible to a I Form big which 39 OVR Figurs turned into a 26 yard HB toss. Yamon has earned 78 yards on O in his first two years of his career, and he just accounted for 67 yards on his first drive against me. Needless to say that jabroni saw contain plays and zone blitz all game and quit in the 3rd.

I understand what your trying to do EA, but keep in mind in user vs user AWR BCV RTE BPR dont matter one bit its all bout speed, acceleration and agility. If EA wants us to believe that Ward is a better RB then Bush prove it to us by reevaluating your ratings on speed. Would anyone be upset if Ward was rated a 90 on speed and Bush was a 88 if that translated into a more realistic football game?

Don't even get me started on QB speed. No QB should be rated over a 75 speed. Tyler Thigpen led all NFL QBS in rushing yards last year with 386, not because he has game breaking speed but instead he was running for his life due to a bad O line and the fact he probley had trouble making reads and relied on his average accletism. I understand Randall Cunningham and Mike Vick are freaks of nature and are special athletes, but players like those two dont grow on trees.

For the sake of online play EA should reevaluate how the rate a player. EA also needs to find a way to make a great football player like Hines Ward useful in a video game and not handicap him with 82 speed. There is no way Tampa's Dexter Jackson should be more useful then Hines Ward in a video game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Hey EA SPORTS guess what?

Nothing personal but this might be the dumbest post I've read today. You want to base speed ratings on yards per carry? And your basing this on your experience against an online cheeser? WTF!!! Reggie Bush is fast and he should be fast in the game. If you contain him he will average 3yds a carry cuz he won't be breaking any tackles. You can't hold the game responsible for ridiculous user misuse/cheese...
Old 08-31-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Hey EA SPORTS guess what?

No "Hey EA" threads. You have a gripe. Post it in the Sticky for it.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »