Home

The jump the snap arguement

This is a discussion on The jump the snap arguement within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The jump the snap arguement

Really missing this option : (

Sorry but I think this is absolutely needs to be in the game from a simulation stand point and it basically adds more to the chess match part with your opponent

One of the biggest reasons why I think this option should be in the game is deter those who abuse the quick hike as soon as they get to the line of scrimmage....You could easily counter this cheeeeez / non-simulation type of play by adding some type of jump the snap option to either an idividual player or even the whole defensive line.

In Turn !! this will force the QB's to call out some cadance and fake hikes before actually hiking the ball.....Which is SIMULATION !!! football IMO...This will also cause more offsides & false start penalties ...which will also add more to simulation side because you see about 10 of these types of penalties in a real game.

Now in real football, defensive lineman are alway's trying to guess the snap and it helps them a great deal if they guess right, however it usually does the exact opposite if they guess wrong and that's how I would love for it to work in Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: The jump the snap arguement

I hear ya big time dude.

I've completed almost two full seasons of franchise mode (on week 16 of season 2) and I haven't seen one, single, solitary offsides or encroachment call. 15 minute quarters to boot.

I gave up on the fake hikes after the second game because all it does is give you an insane amount of false starts. I could tolerate the false starts if the "jump snap" button was still in the game.

The R1 or RB button is essentially the "false start button" because there is no way to jump the snap anymore.

I don't even bother with it online because I know my opponent isn't going to have an itchy "jump snap" finger because the button no longer exists.

Either bring back the jump snap button, without it the fake hike button on offense is just a false start generator.

FAIL
Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah, just another example of EA taking something out because a few people bi*ched about it.

Typical.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm happy the changed it from the Screen Jump though.

Now just get rid of the names popping up and add the jump snap back in.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Yeah, just another example of EA taking something out because a few people bi*ched about it.

Typical.
I think people only complained about it because it worked way to good when you guessed it right......Soooo maybe just tone it down a bit when you do guess right

Instead of the whole line getting a jump....maybe have it be 1 or 2 of the lineman getting a jump pending how well you guessed it, but again !! if you guess wrong then them same 1 or 2 lineman are easier to block or will jump offsides....That's the risk and reward part that would happen if you decide to use the jump the snap

As it is right now the fake hike hurts the offense more than the defense and that's not the way it should be

BOTTOM LINE !! this can only help promote more simulation and QB cadance at the line......which happens in any level of real football, but for reason has never been something you have to do in order to play Madden : (
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

They took it out because people complained???

Wow, I didn't know that.

It's really not that hard.

Either snap on 0, 1 cadence, 2 cadences, or the third cadence.

Keep your opponent guessing every time and you won't get beat off the line.

I'm guessing the people that whined were the guys that run hurry-up all day and just quick snap each down.

I say bring it back.

You see it on Sundays don't you Ian?

That statement really needs to have an asterisk, like in car commercials.

If you see it on Sundays*

*Unless we took it out to make room for something else, or unless someone complained about it, or unless we totally overlooked it... etc etc etc
Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

Nothing was wrong with it from a human vs human standpoint.

But where Jump The Snap failed was human vs cpu.

Jump the snap is effective and rightfully so, because jumping is not that easy.

However, on the harder difficulties, the CPU would jump EVERY SINGLE TIME PERFECTLY NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SNAP COUNT WAS.

It made any cpu defender godlike.

Instead of removing it, they should have tuned it better for the cpu.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Nothing was wrong with it from a human vs human standpoint.

But where Jump The Snap failed was human vs cpu.

Jump the snap is effective and rightfully so, because jumping is not that easy.

However, on the harder difficulties, the CPU would jump EVERY SINGLE TIME PERFECTLY NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SNAP COUNT WAS.

It made any cpu defender godlike.

Instead of removing it, they should have tuned it better for the cpu.
Well I'm pretty much an online player and I would much rather play human vs. human any day of the week....This jump the snap option would ONLY !! add & improve the human vs. human chess match that you can have with this football game

Despite the " jump the snap "option not being in the game this year, it still plays a pretty good game of football....IF !! you play it like a real game of football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »