Home

Drastic Fluctuations in Trade Logic (for people who care about trade logic)

This is a discussion on Drastic Fluctuations in Trade Logic (for people who care about trade logic) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Drastic Fluctuations in Trade Logic (for people who care about trade logic)

The way I see it is the Trade Logic is not broken. They have to make it easy to trade or people would come to these threads and say " The Trade Logic is so Broken I cant make any trades, this game sucks" I think its better to the Logic the way it is and just do what you want to do.. Like me I try and keep it real, but after 2 season with the PAts in my Chise I was kinda tried of Moss so I traded him to Arz for Fitzy, but before that I traded Seymour to Cincy for there 1st so I traded Moss and 1st for Fitzy.. Now that wouldn't happen IRL but EA makes it possible and I feel its pefect.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25

I think the only thing that actually improved in franchise is the salary cap and trade logic...OOPS...I forgot i control all 32 teams to make that work....So, one good think about offline franchise.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Maybe Madden needs to bring back the Importance rating. If I recall correctly, it's sole purpose in life was to make high IMP player very, very, very difficult to trade without getting a high IMP player in return.

Otherwise, I've pretty much given up on getting "real trades". I won't intentionally rob the CPU but I'm not going to bend over for it either.

Plus "one-sided trades" happen all the time in real life. Try getting Moss for a 4th round pick like the Pats did to the Raiders? Is that bad AI since I can't do it in Madden? Heck, I can't get a decent rookie WR for a 4th, yet Moss went for a 4th in real life?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Plus "one-sided trades" happen all the time in real life. Try getting Moss for a 4th round pick like the Pats did to the Raiders? Is that bad AI since I can't do it in Madden? Heck, I can't get a decent rookie WR for a 4th, yet Moss went for a 4th in real life?
I think the Pats changed his position to CB or something first, and then made the trade before turning him back to a WR

THATS how you abuse the trade logic. You can get any player in the game for anything if you edit the position and then trade for the player (Tom Brady to safety, then take him for a 7th rounder)
Old 10-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

Bad example, everyone abuses Al Davis.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
I think the Pats changed his position to CB or something first, and then made the trade before turning him back to a WR

THATS how you abuse the trade logic. You can get any player in the game for anything if you edit the position and then trade for the player (Tom Brady to safety, then take him for a 7th rounder)
Exactly. If you're editing players with the sole purpose of trading them I think that's cheese. I actually have noticed CPU teams are more willing trade solid positional backups or will trade to fill their own needs at positionals. Editing positions is essentially just like editing a player's ratings (since the ratings will change with positional changes). Now I think you should be able to play your own OLB as a DE, for example, or even edit that position for your own roster...but if you trade him you should edit the position back to reflect original ratings...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #39
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryMurphMan
Exactly. If you're editing players with the sole purpose of trading them I think that's cheese. I actually have noticed CPU teams are more willing trade solid positional backups or will trade to fill their own needs at positionals. Editing positions is essentially just like editing a player's ratings (since the ratings will change with positional changes). Now I think you should be able to play your own OLB as a DE, for example, or even edit that position for your own roster...but if you trade him you should edit the position back to reflect original ratings...
But what if you switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3? If the Chargers did that they would probably move Merriman to DE. Then say you decide to trade him, would it be unrealistic to trade him as a higher rated DE even though he could realistically play that position in real life?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articula
Bad example, everyone abuses Al Davis.
The point is, though, it happened.

If someone would have done that before that trade happened, people would be like OMG you cheated the AI!!11!1!

Madden trade logic is weird because it only considers value, and then doesn't do that well for what it tries to do.

Real trades happen for more reasons than "generally equivalent exchange of value/talent" and Madden needs more of these situations in, like getting someone cheap because their cap number is high, the team is up against the cap, and they just had a bad year.

Things like that would bring more realism into "cheated the AI trades" because then it would be in a situation a real team might have dealt someone "too cheaply".

It also needs different GM personalities like in NFL Head Coach. Then maybe you have an Al Davis in your franchise and everyone, including the CPU teams, rip that team off.

Player personalities as well (again like in HC - I see why people love that game), then maybe you'd get the "We just want to be rid of him because he's a distraction" and then could take the risk of a talented malcontent for a "cheaper than he should be" price.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-19-2009 at 04:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »