Home

Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA?

This is a discussion on Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Any way to get Madden to play like NCAA?

Wow... I just put NCAA in to try it out with the 2nd patch and I couldn't play it. It's fecking terrible.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for your input, this is along the lines of what I was looking for. I was really hoping there was a way to adjust madden, but I guess I may have to just go the route of NCAA. I am an avid NFL fan though, and will miss the playoffs, and offseason franchise activity.

By the way, the point of this thread was constructive, I never intended to start the great debate all over again. Some people prefer certain aspects of certain games. Yes the gameplay felt faster in NCAA and that isn't what I am after, the game just flowed better to me (I have heard other that feel the same way, not that it matters really) and I would be interested in playing that over madden. WHo knows, maybe when the price drops I will pick it up. From playing the demo, it was obvious it was not a title I wanted to plunk down $60 for.

Again, thanks to those who posted ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siam007
You can buy NCAA and then download created NFL teams people have made thru Teambuilder. You'll have to pay for the extra slots to get all 32 teams if you're really hardcore about it. You're gonna miss out on the NFL playoff structure but you can add teams to the bigger conferences. Just an idea.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
Because Madden puts a lot of people to sleep. Madden's game play is god awful. No flow to the game and is just horrible. I literally almost fell asleep after playing only a few games.
I was so so pumped to get Madden that I couldnt even wait for it to come threw gamefly so I bought. Regret that decision and it was a HUGE let down with how boring it is.
Some people just prefer NCAA.
I would jsut get NCAA if I were you. Been playing a lot of awesome games with just a couple adjustments. Never got to do that in Madden and you wont fall asleep playing NCAA.
The way players move in NCAA is a joke! I have played both and I am tring to find this magically fun edge NCAA seems to have over Madden. NCAA still has player moving like there as heavy as a loose leaf piece of paper. The ball move so fast. I had the game 30mins and had the LB jump 10ft in the air and pick off my passes twice.

Madden always looked better now it plays better!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
Thanks for your input, this is along the lines of what I was looking for. I was really hoping there was a way to adjust madden, but I guess I may have to just go the route of NCAA. I am an avid NFL fan though, and will miss the playoffs, and offseason franchise activity.

By the way, the point of this thread was constructive, I never intended to start the great debate all over again. Some people prefer certain aspects of certain games. Yes the gameplay felt faster in NCAA and that isn't what I am after, the game just flowed better to me (I have heard other that feel the same way, not that it matters really) and I would be interested in playing that over madden. WHo knows, maybe when the price drops I will pick it up. From playing the demo, it was obvious it was not a title I wanted to plunk down $60 for.

Again, thanks to those who posted ideas!
I apologize marxxx for getting your thread off track! It depends on what you mean by more natural. I think Madden is killing NCAA in the natural department already. If its the game speed your talking about you can always adjust it in Madden 10?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Madden is not very good for sure, just buy ncaa. The online dynasty in ncaa dominates.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I apologize marxxx for getting your thread off track! It depends on what you mean by more natural. I think Madden is killing NCAA in the natural department already. If its the game speed your talking about you can always adjust it in Madden 10?
No problem. I know everyone has a personal taste (some VERY strongly for one title). Personally I though Madden 08 was terrible, Madden 09 good, and 10 just doesn't "feel" right.

By that I will explain. I actually like the game speed of madden better. I just don't care for the way the game plays. When on offense, the running game doesn't seem to get a rhythm going. Holes rarely open where they should (looks like cpu blocking is quarky). The passing game is just bizarre. While I have plenty of time to set and throw it, the passing game doesn't feel fluid. I had some horrible routes run, and even worse is where the qb decides to throw the ball (not how hard, or even whether it was a good decision by me, or a good throw... but where it ended up???? My example here is wr on the right side is running a fly pattern, has two steps on the cb, safety comes over as well, but also beat. I throw the ball, the wr stops and comes back, the ball is short and gets picked. By short, it mean 6-8 yds short. I don't expect to complete a streak all that often, but they are typically overthrown or batted down. I just didn't understand the mechanics at this point.

I put in NCAA, and it plays smoothly. Both the pass and run game felt balanced otu of the box. I wasn't happy with the turnover ratio, but it was only REAL bad one game.

I am not a hardcore gamer anymore. I used to play several nights (most of the evening) and finish a season a week or two. Anymore I don't play football enough to be "good". I do want an enjoyable game, as close to real as possible.

I really miss all the days of building a power house team and running the organization for years. Maybe I haven't given Madden enough of a chance yet. I'll play the demo a few more times and see what happens.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
No problem. I know everyone has a personal taste (some VERY strongly for one title). Personally I though Madden 08 was terrible, Madden 09 good, and 10 just doesn't "feel" right.

By that I will explain. I actually like the game speed of madden better. I just don't care for the way the game plays. When on offense, the running game doesn't seem to get a rhythm going. Holes rarely open where they should (looks like cpu blocking is quarky). The passing game is just bizarre. While I have plenty of time to set and throw it, the passing game doesn't feel fluid. I had some horrible routes run, and even worse is where the qb decides to throw the ball (not how hard, or even whether it was a good decision by me, or a good throw... but where it ended up???? My example here is wr on the right side is running a fly pattern, has two steps on the cb, safety comes over as well, but also beat. I throw the ball, the wr stops and comes back, the ball is short and gets picked. By short, it mean 6-8 yds short. I don't expect to complete a streak all that often, but they are typically overthrown or batted down. I just didn't understand the mechanics at this point.

I put in NCAA, and it plays smoothly. Both the pass and run game felt balanced otu of the box. I wasn't happy with the turnover ratio, but it was only REAL bad one game.

I am not a hardcore gamer anymore. I used to play several nights (most of the evening) and finish a season a week or two. Anymore I don't play football enough to be "good". I do want an enjoyable game, as close to real as possible.

I really miss all the days of building a power house team and running the organization for years. Maybe I haven't given Madden enough of a chance yet. I'll play the demo a few more times and see what happens.
What is consider naturely to me is momentum and physics. Which are completely absent in NCAA. I would suggest you tweak the sliders it makes a world of difference when you have the right set of sliders mines have this game playing as realistic as I have ever seen in a game. Flawed ofcourse ,but its so realistic im loving it *dont sue me McDonalds*

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

So......you say this after playing both DEMOS?!?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »