Home

Best team to begin realistic franchise with?

This is a discussion on Best team to begin realistic franchise with? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Best team to begin realistic franchise with?

i went with the texans. they have a very solid D to build off of, plus they have a potentially explosive offense. the only move i made right away was to sign marvin harrison, cuz the texans really dont have a good #3WR.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
i went with the texans. they have a very solid D to build off of, plus they have a potentially explosive offense. the only move i made right away was to sign marvin harrison, cuz the texans really dont have a good #3WR.
Dear Guggy107,

Love,

Andre Davis
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I say you should play with the Chefs

I personally recommend you change the D back to a 4-3 by moving MLB D. Johnson back to ROLB, Mike Vrable the ROLB back to LOLB like he played in NE, Taba Hali who is now the 3rd sting LOLB after moving Vrable back to his RE spot, and finally Glen Dorsey back to DT.

Like others have said, Marvin Harrison is a great pick up at WR, and after getting rid of Gonzo to the falcons, #88 is up for grabs and who better to pick up the mantel than Starvin' Marvin Harrison? I chose to pick up free agent TE Erick Johnson, but that is because as a 9er's fan I liked what he did in SF for years. Changed his number to 80 and put him as my new 2ed string TE.

So now you would have an improved D and gave Cassel a few weapons to work with. Then again I read that Matt went down in real life so I don't know if you want to wait for a roster update or not.

I just like how on the D Line KC has 3 young talented players with A and B potential along with a good MLB/OLB in D. Johnson and a solid CB in Flowers to help build a defense around for the future. Combine a possible franchise QB in Matt Cassel with a young WR in Bowe and you can try and draft a line and a HB to replace the aging LJ, you may just have a team worth working on.

Oh, and because they have a new coach you go in any direction you want. I know I am doing this in my Chiefs franchise and I choose the Run balanced and 4-3 D as my play books instead of the KC ones. Game plan? Give the Ball to LJ a lot and run Play Action. use the running attack an don't lean on Cassel. Rather, let Cassel develop slowly and mature via progression into that great QB. Right now he is only a mid 80's QB.

PS. Just for fun, remember this ad?

Lastly, does any one know where you can find that old ad after the Browns became the Ravens, two guys are in Browns stadium waiting for the game and one says to the other "must be a 4:00 game" ?

Last edited by PGaither84; 09-01-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Given the realistic salary cap in Madden this year, I'd say go with your favorite team even if they are stacked. I play as the Giants, who have a decent amount of young talent, and the biggest challenge is balancing the contracts to keep them going. I'm in year 3 and I already have had to trade away Osi, Pierce, McKenzie and Ross in the final year of their contracts because there was no way I could extend them and not destroy my future cap.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

I started up a Bengals chise... they have enough pieces in place to be a decent team but also need allot of work.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
Given the realistic salary cap in Madden this year, I'd say go with your favorite team even if they are stacked. I play as the Giants, who have a decent amount of young talent, and the biggest challenge is balancing the contracts to keep them going. I'm in year 3 and I already have had to trade away Osi, Pierce, McKenzie and Ross in the final year of their contracts because there was no way I could extend them and not destroy my future cap.
This is the way to go. I play as the Packers and A-Rod went down for 5 weeks in preseason, it is really hard now.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #15
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

"realistic franchise"

I'm confused are we talking about Madden 2010???
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »