Home

Please Resurrect these ps2 Options

This is a discussion on Please Resurrect these ps2 Options within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Please Resurrect these ps2 Options

Please bring these things back. I miss them.

1) Ability to edit EVERYTHING about a player. Skin tone/hair/height weight/build...Why can I edit a players name, I never need to do that, but I can't edit other important characteristics.? Some players are too skinny/too fat...yes its nitpicking, but that's the kind of player I am, let me customize.

2) Franchise Options. I would really like to start my franchise controlling all 32 teams so that I can edit the coaching tendencies. But after the first year, I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with each team, so let me switch control back to CPU in the offseason, like on ps2. Sure, I can set certain options for the CPU to control, but I don't want to have to click yes for each free agent, and I want to be able to trade players and not feel cheesy. Or what if after I win 6 super bowls in a row, i want to take over a bum team? This is so easy to implement.

3) Rebuild Stadium. This isn't a huge deal, and I think I have read that there is some reason why this is not allowed. Please explain why and I wont care. But it adds to the overall experience of going years into franchise mode. Seeing new stadiums is great. i doubt the 9ers will be in Monster Park in 2020. Legally, why can this not happen for current gen, but it can on ps2?

4) Off season training. I loved the mini-games of the ps2 days. Of course it had its flaws since the CPU did not get to utilize this, but we now have NO user ability to increase attributes other than hoping that certain players progress. I loved having some control over my players. Bring it back.

5) Unrestricted/restricted free agents. Why is this gone?

Im sure there are more things out there, and I understand that there are reasons why these things are not in the current gen versions, but some are so simple to add.

I am by no means complaining about M10, as I am having tons of fun with it, but I wonder why certain areas are overlooked. If there are already topics on this, please fix the search function as I didn't find anything...

I'm sure ill be adding to the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Please Resurrect these ps2 Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf112285
...but I wonder why certain areas are overlooked.
never programmed/coded one thing in your life, have you?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Banned

nope. Thanks for your wonderfully thoughtout question. Do I have to be a programmer to wonder why simple options that were in ps2 arent in ps3/xbox360? nah, don't think so. So my question for you is...why cant you reply with something useful? Please explain in "programming" terms why these things cant be done, because you obviously know.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Banned

oh my bad...mods please close this. I did not understand that we need to be experts in our area of concern in order to post about them. I guess I am done at this forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »