Home

Madden Dev Blogs

This is a discussion on Madden Dev Blogs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden Dev Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I would love for it to do that. Even better, I would love for it to track your plays as you played every game in your franchise and adjust. I would think of it as the other teams seeing scouting videos of your franchise. There was a company that once made football games that did this. They might still use a similar technology for their basketball games.
The thing is. At community day, Madden 10 did track tendencies and adjusted accordingly.

I have no idea why it doesn't now.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 26

Am i correct in saying there was a basic version of play calling tracking in the ps2 version.
Like the top 3 off and def plays?

Just call me Sanchez
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Many say that there are no sideline catches... well, the sideline catch blog wasn't so much about animations for sideline catches, but for the steering technology designed to make sure the receiver wasn't simply ignoring the sideline and making the catch with a foot out of bounds. This technology works... in fact, it works too well, and makes it so that the actual sideline catch animations never trigger.
Are you sure about that, adem?

I thought the sideline catch technology was supposed to have the receiver turn upfield rather than run out of bounds without getting both feet down. I can't tell you how many times I've thrown an out pattern on the short side of the field only to have the receiver do exactly what he's not supposed to do (i.e., run out of bounds without getting his feet down). In fact, sometimes he's already got both feet out of bounds before the ball even gets to him. Never in my life have I seen a WR in a real game run all the way out of bounds before the ball gets to him.

Maybe I'm missing something from your reply...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The thing is. At community day, Madden 10 did track tendencies and adjusted accordingly.

I have no idea why it doesn't now.
i can understand if it would make it too hard for people. i mean we are not real nfl coaches and dont practice over 100 plays to run, but at the same time we need a way to prevent cheesers to run the same play over and over again.

i guess it should vary depending on the skill level. if ur playing online i guess u can just call different plays.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

From the Gameshark interview on Monday June 29, 2009 - http://www.gameshark.com/features/60...eloper-Q&A.htm

"Ian: To add to this, we have all kinds of stadium-specific chants in the game as well – so now you’ll hear the chants that make you feel like you really are in that hostile opposing environment – such as “J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!” and “E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!” "

It is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
From the Gameshark interview on Monday June 29, 2009 - http://www.gameshark.com/features/60...eloper-Q&A.htm

"Ian: To add to this, we have all kinds of stadium-specific chants in the game as well – so now you’ll hear the chants that make you feel like you really are in that hostile opposing environment – such as “J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!” and “E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!” "

It is about 3/4 of the way down the page.
False!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #23
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
What about stadium specific chants?
My problem is that stadium specific sounds were in the game in either 08 or 09 (I know the Lions touchdown siren was and I believe the first down roar was too), so why were they removed?

Last edited by Illustrator76; 09-01-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
how sensitive is it? does it only happen if u run the same play consecutively? what about when u call certain plays in the same situations (i.e. 3rd down) does it pick up on that? or if u run a play 10-15 times in the first half will it pick up on it in the second half?

I noticed something weird the other day. I sometimes play my games and than when I don't feel like finishing them I just go to controller select and leave it in the middle and let the CPU battle each other out. Anyways, if you start the game like this the play calling from the CPU on offense is rather random with a shuffle in formations. Well on this particular game against the Raiders (I was the Ravens) I was crushing their defense with running game mostly out of the Big I formation. So when I set my team to play by the CPU the Ravens still only used running plays out of the Big I Formation almost identical to what I was doing on offense. I have noticed on other occasions too, it's as if the CPU remembers what your tendencies are during a game and plays like you.

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »