Home

Madden Dev Blogs

This is a discussion on Madden Dev Blogs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden Dev Blogs

GRAPHICAL / VISUAL
DEVELOPER'S NOTE: It has always been a major focus on the Madden NFL team, and within EA SPORTS as a whole, to be competitive on the graphical front with all the other AAA titles out there. This year we've made strides that many never thought possible. From the all new depth of field effects, to the lighting, to the self shadowing on players, Madden NFL 10 is the most visually stunning version to date.
1. Mix ‘n' Match Uniforms -
o Save off custom combinations and even defaults
o Near limitless combinations across all the different teams
2. Camera Improvements -
o New broadcast camera angles
o User-selectable camera options (Normal, Wide, Zoomed)
o Hand-held camera effects
o TRUE Depth of Field
o Snow & Rain on lenses
o Real fish-eye camera settings
3. FacePoser Animation System - dynamic reactions based on gameplay
o Players cringe during hits
o QBs' eyes open wider while passing
o Players will suck air when fatigued

Near limitations? Last time I checked they were missing jerseys.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #34
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
my question is where is the dev team, to answer these questions. They are barely on here anymore. I understand ian was on vacation, but there are other dev team members. on top of that i know donny and ian have been on the site on their OS online franchise. i'm not saying this is the case, but it seems like every year ea sells you the game and then they are no where to be found for months. especially in 08 when the game was totally broken.
My opinion is from the outside looking it. As I didn't buy Madden '10'.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, because I don't know what the real situation is with the devs not being on the board, fielding questions. But I would say it doesn't really give off a very good impression.

Again...I try to never shoot at something I can't see very well. But after all the months of the devs promoting the game on OS...it is odd that since release, they've chosen to remain silent. I know theres plenty of wolves out there waiting to pounce. But even so, imo, silents at this time doesn't seem like good customer relations.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #35
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
It's like someone accidently printed a beta copy of madden.
If that didn't sound so crazy I would absolutely assume this as fact. Nobody could screw the pooch that badly, surely...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
My opinion is from the outside looking it. As I didn't buy Madden '10'.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, because I don't know what the real situation is with the devs not being on the board, fielding questions. But I would say it doesn't really give off a very good impression.

Again...I try to never shoot at something I can't see very well. But after all the months of the devs promoting the game on OS...it is odd that since release, they've chosen to remain silent. I know theres plenty of wolves out there waiting to pounce. But even so, imo, silents at this time doesn't seem like good customer relations.
Vikes, I've always respected your opinion and still do. I still have the patience flag waving at this stage.

Every time a sports game is released and the developers don't hover around the campfire as they once did before release, the conspiracy theories start developing.

Until we hear from Ian and company(he did say there would be blogs this week), I'm willing to wait and hear their side of the story. Earlier in the thread, AJ made some good points that most of the stuff from the blogs are in the game, it's just that we might not see it very often.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
wasnt that whole blog a joke?
Classic...the one cool thing that they could have done was implement a passing cone and they're making jokes about it. That adds insult to injury...I think the real joke, that isn't really funny, is their game...what a bunch of clowns.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #38
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Many say that there are no sideline catches... well, the sideline catch blog wasn't so much about animations for sideline catches, but for the steering technology designed to make sure the receiver wasn't simply ignoring the sideline and making the catch with a foot out of bounds. This technology works... in fact, it works too well, and makes it so that the actual sideline catch animations never trigger.
Yeah, I remember reading that blog thinking....ok, great, receivers can steer their non-sideline catch animations, now show me some freaking sideline catches. ie. toe drags and taps. It's weird, because there are sideline catches in the game, but they don't trigger nearly enough.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 10

I know I read on Madden10.com that in Playoff games you would feel the diffenrce between regular season and playoff games. And then said that they didn t want to ruin it for us..

"Q: Is there a noticeable difference between regular season and playoff games?
A: Yes. Ian and the presentation team did a lot of great things to make sure that the playoffs felt different than the regular season. I'm not going to spoil them for you, but I have a feeling your jaws are going to drop when you see some of the things we have in store."

Have I missed something here, All I see in the super bowl is non stop flash bulbs which really suck...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 25

my 2 favorite BLOGS with stuff that didnt make it were.....

1-Adaptive AI...NOT in the game. Maybe it will be DLC for 400 M$ points...IDK. But it never made it in.

2- Franchise stats.....Nuff said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »