Home

Madden Dev Blogs

This is a discussion on Madden Dev Blogs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden Dev Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
I know I read on Madden10.com that in Playoff games you would feel the diffenrce between regular season and playoff games. And then said that they didn t want to ruin it for us..

"Q: Is there a noticeable difference between regular season and playoff games?
A: Yes. Ian and the presentation team did a lot of great things to make sure that the playoffs felt different than the regular season. I'm not going to spoil them for you, but I have a feeling your jaws are going to drop when you see some of the things we have in store."

Have I missed something here, All I see in the super bowl is non stop flash bulbs which really suck...
My jaw dropped when I realized how average the whole playoff atmosphere was so It makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #42
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
My jaw dropped when I realized how average the whole playoff atmosphere was so It makes sense.

Different intros in the league championship games and SB, celebration cutscenes for winning SB, that plus field or stadium art in the SB is all I've picked up on. It's not a ton but hey, it's not bad and more than we've had.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Different intros in the league championship games and SB, celebration cutscenes for winning SB, that plus field or stadium art in the SB is all I've picked up on. It's not a ton but hey, it's not bad and more than we've had.
Is the crowd noticeably louder?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Intos that include such feats as the Steelers team running out of a inflated helmet on the field to cheers at Lucas Oil Stadium. To cheers none the less. Then the Colts just appear on the field.

Your right....my jaw dropped.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
The commentary is the worst of any sports game in history. I win the Super Bowl and the announcers don't say anything. All that happens is audio wise is that stupid Madden theme (I hate that song) comes on and my players run around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Is the crowd noticeably louder?
No, and they still do the same thing they used to in old maddens which is cheering for only the home team (which is decided not by the real way of alternating every year but rather by whomever has the better regular season record). If you're on the road in the Super Bowl the crowd will be against you which is just not correct.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 3

well they did say they were having a blog later this week, so we will see how that goes.

i already know some of the answers as well as u guys.

1. we couldn't get it in this yr. maybe next yr.

2. the way our system is built it would be real difficult to get that in. maybe next yr.

3. we tried implementing this feature in this yr, but when we ran it, it caused a nuclear reactor in china to blow up. maybe next yr.

4.we took a poll and scoured the communities and the majority wanted the cheerleaders to be blonde so we took out this and that feature to accommedate u guys. maybe next yr.

5. i thought u had a guy who's job was to just look at the unis to make sure you got it right?

well while watching a few of the games he fell asleep so we didn't get the correct unis this time. maybe next yr.

6. why r all these ads popping up? u said it would be like sunday and subtle, but b4 every play i see an ad. we found ways of making more money by cramming ads in ur face and charging you real money for something we could have programmed into the game. we will tone it down next yr.

7. why are some problems from previous games get a band aid for a machete wound. we really haven't figured out a way yet so we did the best we could with the skill we had. maybe next yr we will get it right.

now it sounds like i am joking. i am btw, but some of those answers i posted have been thrown at us in almost evey interaction we have had with the dev. i see them rewording it to us this time so it doesn't sound the same.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 24

Well, I'm enjoying the game, but this thread is upsetting.

I'm not following any more developer updates next time. All that talk, and not quite what we were hoping for. I followed every blog and update this past year, and was more excited for M10 than I've ever been before. Now I see some features were excluded/implemented poorly. They done hooked me again.

No more. I'm steering clear of these Madden forums next time, unless I have a M10 question.

In the meantime, I'll have M10 and The Show to keep my mind off of what the devs are blogging about in regards to 11.......

"Not falling for the hype again"!

Last edited by Segagendude; 09-01-2009 at 01:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »