Home

Is it too much to ask for cheese-free ONLINE games?

This is a discussion on Is it too much to ask for cheese-free ONLINE games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #17
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Is it too much to ask for cheese-free ONLINE games?

People care only about winning and could care less how they play as long as they win. It sucks and takes a lot of fun out of the game unless you play only with your friends.

It's not just football game though, people are doing it on FPS with modded controllers that have turbo buttons....it's really pathetic! These people have nothing else to feel good about in life other than winning at a video game. It really is sad. They have very little to live for so they NEED to win to give them a purpose.....

It just takes a few to ruin the entire experience for all of us...as for me, it's exclusive friends list.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX CASCABEL Xx
Why blame it on JJ or themaddenlab, people will come up with what they like regardless of any tip site, just look at the Games in Dallas this past weekend, there was 1 guy that all he did was run with Vick, made it to the final 4, came up with that on his own, Jet Steele & Problem played him & stoped him.

I suggest you learn to do the same, (adjust), EA will never make a perfect game.

THANK YOU! Learn to adjust and play the game. Usually the people that are really good at this game adjust very well. I went to a local gamestop tournament here this past weekend and everybody is complaining about the wildcat. Learn to stop it.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

I don't play online because of the 'cheesers'.

But I"m not disillusioned. You play to win. You've got to adjust to your opponents scheme. Yes, this madden is less cheeser friendly than the others. It may not be football strategy per se, but it emulates this strategy. You're playing Madden football. You've got to counter your opponenets tactics. And he has to counter yours.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I don't play online because of the 'cheesers'.

But I"m not disillusioned. You play to win. You've got to adjust to your opponents scheme. Yes, this madden is less cheeser friendly than the others. It may not be football strategy per se, but it emulates this strategy. You're playing Madden football. You've got to counter your opponenets tactics. And he has to counter yours.
play online unranked, look for the ones you call cheesers, learn to counter the BS, you'll be glad you did...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Played the eagles last night... On All Madden 10 min quarters I made the cheeser quit in the 3rd quarter

His first trick was Vick at Wide out then Wild cat... The first drive I experimented with a few things he drove down the field all the way to my goal line I but he stuff him three straight downs with goal line defense so I figured next possesion Ima run a variation of that everytime he comes out in the wild cat... Second series I he runs his wild cat 4 times on the 4th time I hit vick force a fumble scoop and score no more Wildcat... So next possesion hulls out the 4 wide with Mcnabb and the Manual rollout... He caught me slipping on a bad defensive assignment he scores with Kevin Curtis... its now tied 14-14.

His defense is horrible so I score in the 3rd quarter quickly... however I kick to Jackson and he scores on a 97 yard Return 21-21

Needless to say I was pissed because this guy is straight trash... but I adjusted the defense to the 4 and 5 wide offense the screens and flat throws and after a pick 6 and a turn over and score... he quits. They always do. He never tried to run the ball in a conventional manner nor did he have a basic offensive scheme and after the gimmicks didnt work he quit like the coward he is.

He played stupid and he wasnt sim but I cant say he was a glicther or Madden could have prevented his style of play cause everything he did could be stopped... but asking for a sim only game play from human players isnt possible because he kept forcing stupid crfap even when I figured out how to stop it.... EA cant afford to give brain transplant for every noob who wants to beat the AI instead of play real ball.

If a player runs sreens play cover 2 if he throws to the flats defensive hot route flat coverage to a LB or DE after you stop it a few times they stop or quit

its like a kid and fire it only takes a few times before they realize its hot

Last edited by BigTigLSU; 09-01-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
You can't tell someone how to play the game, expess since the guys over at TML play for money at MLG events, then a little fantasy land playing franchise all day. As for abusing the A.I, do you know how much they actually practice? to be that great, hours in the lab ( for the noobs it's another way of saying practice). It's actually very creative with some of the schemes these guys come up with, expessically on D. If your looking for any glitch-free game YOU WON'T FIND IT, every game has it's glitches.

How can someone ask to remove FL Screen, or the HB direct Snap? why because it's too effective? their's many people who lab against it and have defences to stop it. Many of you guys will never have the experience at an MLG event, which is a great experience expessically if you love video games and Madden that much.

If you really want that NFL experience join a SIM league but that too is a little shady, as people make rules during the season because someone can't stop certain plays. If that dosen't work buy NFL headcoach it really simulates the NFL

xX CASCABEL Xx said it best, the Dude Jet Steel stopped something that was so effective at MLG. Why? because he practiced against it and came up with a D too stop it.

Adjust to what your opponet is doing, stop Asking Madden on the play calling screen.
You are right that there aren't glitch free games. But there are games that are almost free of them, just look at NHL 09 and MLB the Show, both have very low number of problems. NHL is also made by EA and with a lot smaller team than Madden and they made a great online mode. Here we have people that are effective with quite impossible tactics and gimmics. That guy that only run with Vick whole tournament actually got very far with one play. If this was a good game, simple right defence would stop him on every play, but here he wins despite everyone knowing what he'll do. This is NOT good and never will be. And those are the glitches that people hate, you know what will come, but you can't stop it unless you do extremely complicated stuff on defence.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

i agree laserrock, there shouldn't have to be "secret knowledge" that only Jet Steele possesses, if you know what's coming, you should be able to at LEAST minimize it by selecting the right play without a million adjustments that only Jet knows.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserrock
You are right that there aren't glitch free games. But there are games that are almost free of them, just look at NHL 09 and MLB the Show, both have very low number of problems. NHL is also made by EA and with a lot smaller team than Madden and they made a great online mode. Here we have people that are effective with quite impossible tactics and gimmics. That guy that only run with Vick whole tournament actually got very far with one play. If this was a good game, simple right defence would stop him on every play, but here he wins despite everyone knowing what he'll do. This is NOT good and never will be. And those are the glitches that people hate, you know what will come, but you can't stop it unless you do extremely complicated stuff on defence.
NHL 09 didn't have glitches? What planet are you from? there were certain shots from specific locations which were guaranteed to be goals every time, while others were great setups but would never go in due to the AI. All video games are like this...we're not even close to the era of completely sim-like experiences, so if you're playing competitively, you will have to adjust to the video game stuff that comes along with the real-life sports strategy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »