Home

The Extra Point

This is a discussion on The Extra Point within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #25
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Extra Point

The Extra Point Show got has the right idea, I believe, but is very poorly done...commentary is horrible, no highlights, photos, etc....if they could duplicate NFL 2K5's weekly shows that would be amazing.

A step in the right direction this year anyway, not a big one, but a step nonetheless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #26
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

the hosts are too annoying to me. It's a nice feature to add some actual meat onto for the future, but I can't stand the woman's voice. If she really is a NFL Network reporter, then it's good I don't get the channel.

Last edited by bkfount; 09-10-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

I hate when it previews my games everyweek it says "The Bears are tied for first in penalties in the NFL'...

Why even have that in there? Maybe I'll sit around and take like 40 delay of game penalties one game in order for them to mention a different stat.....
Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

The whole thing about this is that EA has stated that Madden is competing with titles like Halo, Gears of War, GTA, Resident Evil and the like, meaning that they expect Madden to be every bit as good as those games.

So, when you look at it from that angle, what they have for the Extra Point show is very disappointing, since, it has already been done and it was done much better.

I mean, if you like it, great, but, do you really think with how much they hyped it up that it could not, nay, should not have been much more immersive, especially with the NFL and ESPN liscenses at their disposal (not to mention the copious amounts of cash EA has to throw into this title if it wants to)?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathSaints
I cant remember which but some football (soccer) manager game on the PS1 had the function of video highlights - admittedly only goals - so it shouldn't be two different to incorporate.

And who cares about Alex Flanagan's voice and the fact she shouts the scores when you can see the girl. Just press mute.
Agreed she is very nice to look at. I'm sure more than a few of us could stand her voice if she was screaming your name, know what I mean?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #30
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Breaking away to other CPU Vs. CPU games while in Franchise Mode would be really cool. Just maybe highlight a TD, what the score is, and then back to your game, or something.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #31

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
Agreed she is very nice to look at. I'm sure more than a few of us could stand her voice if she was screaming your name, know what I mean?
Wow you guys must have some pretty low standards if you think Alex Flanigan is even CLOSE to being attractive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

It's a step in the right direction for sure, but it needs to be refined for future additions. They should look at what 2K5 did with their version of SportsCenter and incorporate more aspects of that into the Extra Point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »