Home

With the First Pick...

This is a discussion on With the First Pick... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #33
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: With the First Pick...

yea im thinking of skipping on Nnamdi after seeing someone torch him on a few occasions. AD with his abilty and age is an easy first pick you cant go wrong there

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 09-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
^^ LOL hard for me to pick a WR first Whitebread thats a good point building a team from the inside out is a great way to go. Im love how people clamore for WRs early when to me i rather have some decent guys and maybe draft one.. although it does help sometimes to have a guy who can come off press coverage
Madden isn't exactly like real football yet. If you get Calvin and just a marginal QB with a sting arm, you've got a potent offense. Offensive Linemen help, but don't have near the impact of a dominant WR.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

When I build a team I always pick my lines first. I'd probably go Haynesworth or a young Stud LT like Joe Thomas. Then draft more good young Tackle prospects and move them inside, draft another stud DT, corner, safety, LB and eventually get around to a young quick RB and QB that might progress into something serviceable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #36
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

so shep u would pass on AP? Even if u can still build a line around him

Old 09-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
so shep u would pass on AP? Even if u can still build a line around him
It depends on how the draft plays out, in Maddens past I thats how I've always done it. I think though that getting an extra Tackle with a 90+ overall would be worth more to me than AP. Sure he's a beast but I can get 1,700 and 15 with a good young back, I dont need the best, with the AP and that line I'd probably pull down 2000+, but I doubt my line would be the same quality.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #38
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

Good piont Shed. Iv never committed to an drafting 2 90+ tackles. maybe thats somethin ill think about next yr

Old 09-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #39
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
I had the same type of results. I Played against the Raiders and tried him early on a play action pass and he picked it off. Then I played against my Brother and I was the Raiders. He tried him once and I picked it off. He said he wanted to try him but everytime he looked his way he was glued on his man and had no room to throw the ball.
This is funny to me because the first pass i threw against Nnamdi was picked as well. Only, "I ain't scuured [scared]." I kept throwing his way and got two TDs inside the red zone in that same game. After the pick my friend said "Nnamdi, best corner in football! You know better to throw on him!" Then after the TD I replied "Asa-moog-ah [like how Tom Hammond inccorectly says his name]. If that's a 99, then you'd better give up now." After the second TD I didn't even have to say anything. I just looked at him, and the he quickly said "Shut up."

Having CBs that are good in Madden is important, but I don't value them too highly in the video game. Even bad corners in Madden are psychic from time to time.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #40
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This is funny to me because the first pass i threw against Nnamdi was picked as well. Only, "I ain't scuured [scared]." I kept throwing his way and got two TDs inside the red zone in that same game. After the pick my friend said "Nnamdi, best corner in football! You know better to throw on him!" Then after the TD I replied "Asa-moog-ah [like how Tom Hammond inccorectly says his name]. If that's a 99, then you'd better give up now." After the second TD I didn't even have to say anything. I just looked at him, and the he quickly said "Shut up."

Having CBs that are good in Madden is important, but I don't value them too highly in the video game. Even bad corners in Madden are psychic from time to time.
Yea thats the feeling i have to who can get a some good up and ocming corners and take that first pick and use it else where

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »