Home

Ratings mean NOTHING (video proof)

This is a discussion on Ratings mean NOTHING (video proof) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #57
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ratings mean NOTHING (video proof)

I probably just suck at passing and pass defence but it's seems like the man to man coverage and zone ratings don't do a thing.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Some ratings definitely matter. Let's see you put Orlando Pace at QB and have him run a bootleg and gain 7 yards by himself. Now try it with M. Vick and see what happens. Put Sam Adams at WR and give it to him on a reverse, see how many yards he gets. Then try it with Percy Harvin and tell me there's no difference.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #59
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Can somebody try this on at least All-Pro? Rookie doesn't mean diggly squat.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 11

I just put in the Lions worst players in and WRs at CB and they had no penetration of the pocket and they allowed tons of yards in practice mode all madden...although they tackled a bit too well imo..though there were a good few broken tackles and they got a lot of separation and fell to PA very easily.(VS the Colts)
Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 12

Man this guy would make a bad lawyer.

He would have Tom Brady in jail, for a crime committed in Japan, while Tom was on the other side of the planet playing in the Super Bowl, with millions of witnesses and video to prove it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 02:12 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

a former player in a wheelchair could make that throw with the wr that WIIIIIIIIIIDE open.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 7

While this doesn't really prove that ratings mean nothing, it sure as hell shows that Madden just doesn't really provide a "simulation" or even close to it experience right now.

The game should automatically realize that it's a kicker playing QB and adjust accordingly. All difficulty levels.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #64
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

No pressure on either throw, wide open receiver, no coverage at all. This proves what? If either of those had been incomplete, then I'd have an issue with what happened. It's not like a perfectly placed lob pass is difficult to catch. Anyone in this thread could have done the same thing in real life.

You wanna see if ratings matter? Try doing the exact same thing with Asomugha man up on, say, Braylon Edwards, then again with Ronde Barber in man on that same receiver, then come back and tell me ratings don't matter.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-02-2009 at 03:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »