Home

Unbelievable finishes...

This is a discussion on Unbelievable finishes... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Unbelievable finishes...

I just had two of the 3 best games of Madden I have ever had, and they both came in the first two games of my Bills Franchise. Check this out...

Week 1 at Patriots -

I'm getting carved all game long, Brady and company are just annihilating me, but I am hanging in there. I jumped out to a 10-0 first quarter lead, but that was immediately squashed by 17 straight points by NE. I then returned a kickoff late in the 2nd for a TD, and they countered with a fg before the half. 20-17 NE before the half. I get two FGs in the 3rd, and am leading 23-20 going into the 4th quarter. I get two more FGs to go up 29-20 before NE countered with another FG of their own to cut it to 29-23 with 1:18 to go. They try the onside kick, and don't get it. So, I have the ball deep in their territory, and they have all 3 timeouts. They stop me on 3 downs, but I am in range for a 48 yard FG. Now, I have created myself as a kicker, have a 69 rating...Huge leg and no accuracy. I have made 5 straight FGs. I line up, and push the kick left...Now Brady has about 1 minute and no time outs to move into scoring range.He got down to about the 50 yard line, and with about 20 seconds gets to the line. They had been running a flat route that turned upfield to a streak for Faulk all game long and burning me with it, so I hot routed to play zones toward the sidelines, and Brady went right to that play, but McKelvin picks him off and takes it to the house for the win..

Final score, Buffalo 36, New England 23

Week 2 vs. Buccaneers

I started this game really slow. I never got any rushing game going, and fell into an early 7-0 deficit. I exploded offensively in the 2nd quarter with a nice run by Rhodes for an 11 yard TD, a PA bomb to Evans for a TD and a short TD pass to Evans again right before the half. I'm up 21-7 at the half. Tampa comes out with a FG on the opening drive, and cuts it to 21-10. I counter with a FG of my own later in the 3rd, and make it 24-10. Then with 3 mins left in the 3rd, Leftwich hits Jackson on a 27 yard TD, and cuts the lead to 24-17.

Here is where it gets nuts.

-Start of the 4th, I kick a FG to go up 27-17.
-4 minutes later, they counter with another FG, score now Bills 27-20.
-With 2:28 to go, Leftwich hits Antonio Bryant on a 23 yard TD pass to tie the game at 27.
-On the next possession, I move into FG range, and miss the FG, game still tied at 27 with about 1:30 to go.
-Tampa moves down the field(I only had 2 TO's left) and I am able to stop them on 3rd down to set up a 38 yard FG. They hit it, but get called for Holding (yep, the glitch).
-Try the 43 yarder, they make it and get called for Holding again...
-Try the 48 yarder, they make it, no holding this time. Bucs up 30-27 with 17 seconds to go.
-They squib the kick, and I am able to get a quick slant to Parrish on the sideline and get out of bounds with 7 seconds left to set up a 55 yard FG to tie it up.

Now...Again, I have my rookie kicker with a huge leg, and no accuracy...and I already have missed 2 FGs in this game. I line up, and here's the kick...

GOOD!

So, now it's tied going into Overtime. I win the coin toss, and after a holding penalty on the kickoff return, I get the ball at my own 17 yard line.

Let me preface this by saying this was a career game for Trent Edwards. His first career 300 yard game, 21-29 with 2 TDs and no picks. He was awesome for me. So, naturally, I had no worries when I won the coin toss in OT.

First play from scrimmage:

...sigh...I really need to learn when to take a sack. TB wins 36-30. It was so heartbreaking, but such a great game that I really didn't care.

For all it's flaws, I am really having a great time with this Madden, and that is the first time that I can say that in a LONG time.

Anyone else have any great finishes they want to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Unbelievable finishes...

I just played an awesome game in my franchise. Its my fifth year with the Texansand its the first year i decided to play all the games. i play on all-pro. And for the first time in my life i finally manage an all pro undefeated regular season.

Of course i got the bye and cruised through the playoffs and into the super bowl.

Im playin the Super Bowl against the Vikings.

I get the ball first and drive down the field with ease and get a Steve Slaton TD. 7-0 Texans.

Vikings first drive a manage to pick them off at my 30 or so. First play from scrimmage on the drive and Slaton fumbles on an HB slam. Vikings balll.

Vikings second drive they shred me to pieces and score easy. 7-7.

I return the kick and have a pretyy normal drive but get stalled at their 25-30. So im going for the field goal and they pull that magical sicky hand FG block with the middle linebacker.

Next play Peterson breaks a run.14-7 Vikings half over.

Second half they get the ball to start an ugy turnover fest of a third quarter,bnobody scores still 14-7.

4th quarter starts asi have the ball i drive down to the 1 yard line. 3rd down FB dive, stopped me. Decide togo for it on 4th. My line forgets to block, i get stopped again turnover on downs, still 14-7 Vikings.

Vikings next drive they get 1 first down but i stop them on the next set of downs, they punt.

i have the ball at my own forty and start my drive. First play is a touchdown pass to Owen Daniels, 14-14.

I give the ball back top the vikes and my defense comes up huge again, Vikings punt with a minute thirty left.

Once again i start my drive at the forty. Second Vikes blitz everybody, i have no time, 8 yard sack, 3rd and 18. i run a four verticals and hit Daniels again over the middle for a 25 yd gain. i run the ball a couple times and set up the Super Bowl winning, perfect season reserving, field goal.

Money, Texans win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »