Home

Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

This is a discussion on Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be buying the Madden 10 AFL DLC?
Yes 52 30.06%
NO 121 69.94%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

I had to send in my 360. So, I decided to play some football on my old XBOX and for some strange reason the game that I was playing had all of AFL uniforms.

I
Old 09-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #34
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
I wish I could be done with it. Been playing Madden since Madden 95 and I think buying it every year has become an addiction. I'm not even in love with this year's game. The constant CPU All Out Blitzes on 3rd down which lead to me converting quick passes to my tight end for 15 yard conversions every time (and ultimately contribute to me winning every game against the computer) really have ruined it for me.

The uniform DLC thing doesn't really bother me. I mean, I think it's stupid that a company that couldn't make a realistic football game if we gave it two years to do so is charging for something that probably should have been included in the game. I mean, I'm half expecting them to soon be charging for realistic franchise stats and defensive AI. "For an extra $20 you can purchase the franchise stats cheat. Now, CB get tackles, 3-4 OLB get sacks, and MLB gets fewer tackles. Also, for the tremendously cheap price of $10 you can get realistic defensive AI. Now, no longer will the computer bring everyone on a blitz every single third down!"

Seriously though, the Uniform DLC doesn't bother me simply because I'm not going to download it and I'll just act as though it never was created. I don't really like to use throwback uniforms anyway. But, Madden 10 was certainly a disappointment for me. I still play it because, well, I have nothing else to play right now, but it's just got too many game killing flaws that may soon make it more coaster than game.

I proved to myself with 2k9 baseball that I can quit. For yearsi was always complaining about madden and 2k baseball sucking, last year after Madden ripped me off another 60 bucks, i said thats it, but i was sold on the online franchise and presentation. In the spring 2k9 didnt move me and i saids im sticking to my guns, im not even renting it. after seeing the forums like 2 weeks after release, i was happy with my decision. Next year, I will do the same for madden.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #35
Rookie

JStuckel21's Arena

OVR: 2

People need to take a stand and let EA know this is unacceptable. The only way they stop trying to squeeze extra bucks out of us is if no one buys the extra crap they are selling. I haven't bought any of the extra junk they offer and I will continue to refuse to do so. It doesn't bother me one bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStuckel21
People need to take a stand and let EA know this is unacceptable. The only way they stop trying to squeeze extra bucks out of us is if no one buys the extra crap they are selling. I haven't bought any of the extra junk they offer and I will continue to refuse to do so. It doesn't bother me one bit.
Problem is, little Johnny will find his mom's credit card and buy it. So will uniform freaks (we have a lot of them here).

It doesn't matter how many of us don't buy it, there will still be a large amount of people that do.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
If this is true, then Im done. Seriously, this game for 2009 is garbage and a waste of money.

you know whats funny, I go turn on 2k5 and play with the exact AFL uniform the Titans are wearing this season. How crazy is that? Whats even more clever, when you wear the uniform, in the games presentation, it uses the Oilers logo, just like in the hall of fame game in real life. Ill bet when you wear the uni in madden, after you buy it, you will still have the titans logo.

I swear man, look at this game man, half of the stuff doesnt work yet, online franchise is halfway done. We already paid 60 bucks for an incomplete game, now we are going to pay for uniforms and a dozen other things, etf is wrong with this company?

Im done for real man, the heck with this game, these amateur developers.
I've been irritated by a lot of the protesting done around here lately, but this post, considering the subject matter, I have to completely and wholeheartedly agree with.

I'm 20 years old and I'm facing about $2,000/yearly in car insurance but let me spend money on stuff for my video game.

I'm not completely blaming the Madden series but video games, in general, are getting to be a pain in the a**.

Last edited by R.Moncrief; 09-02-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #38
Rookie

JStuckel21's Arena

OVR: 2

Unfortunately I found this in the EA annual report:

Quote:
Electronically delivered content and services are offered to consumers as subscription services, electronic downloads for a one-time fee, or on an advertising-supported basis. We have made significant investments in electronically delivered content and services, and we believe that this will become an increasingly important part of our business over time.
This BS might be around a while...
Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #39
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Madden Nfl games = Some assembly required
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 14

Kinda strange - ESPN 2K5 had all these jerseys in there....standard!

Sorry but PAYING for some extra jerseys is just insane. See for something like extra map packs on say COD is one thing - but jerseys?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »