Home

Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

This is a discussion on Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be buying the Madden 10 AFL DLC?
Yes 52 30.06%
NO 121 69.94%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #41
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Actually they are milking you and me for something that was in the game for years. It's quite sad that you can't see this as a problem. I work for my money and so does my wife, and if they keep charging for every little thing than they can forget about my money. Yes they have a right to charge what they want, but this isn't like a map pack, or a new set of levels, this is basic stuff that was built into the games for years. They just now relized how much more they can get out of us.
all of this. minus the wife part. lol.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #42
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Stuff like this shouldnt be DLC though. There are somethings I wouldnt mind paying extra for, but some of the stuff is ridiculous. Like that keep a player unretired thing. I want the ability to talk my players out of retirement...not force them to unretire using a cheat I had to pay for. This isnt Blitz...its a sim game, or at least its supposed to be.

I mean, where does it end? If our kicker kicks a ball into the stands, are we going to be required to purchase a new football before resuming play?
and this. thanks for saving me some time, fellas.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah, of all the things that they have paid DLC for, the franchise stuff (unretirements and what not) are the ones that piss me off the most because 2K had this stuff for free like, 7 years ago. I remember when I first had the chance to try to talk players out of retirement I was like, "wow, Madden should have this and I'm sure it will soon."

Well, it's over half a decade later and we still don't have it. What we do have is the ability to pay for an add on that allows us to force a player to unretire. That's not realistic at all and it's insulting to think that EA actually decided that this was a good idea and that we were naive enough to purchase it.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #44
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Wouldnt extra AFL jerseys be considered extra content??

I don't consider them extra content. The AFL jerseys are part of the 2009 NFL season. They should already be in the game.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I don't consider them extra content. The AFL jerseys are part of the 2009 NFL season. They should already be in the game.
"Everything you see on Sundays! You just have to pay extra for it!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #46
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
I just came from Pasta Padre's site and learned that the AFL jersey DLC will not be free and will have some added stuff to it. Now I know that there is a buisness to be ran but does that mean you alienate all the buyers of your products just so you can squeeze a little more cash out of them. I am truly dissapointed in this and I think it is starting to go too far.
The bottom line...

The NFL is a business AND, NFL video games are a business.

I heard in an interview, I believe it was Ian or Phil, state that EA Sports was almost like the 33rd franchise in the league. If you truly understand what this is all about, making money, then what beef can you really have?

The NFL has a basic product, which you can watch on TV for minimal cost. And then they sell all of the other "stuff" around that. Stuff like premium TV packages, seat licenses at the stadium, jerseys, hats, video games etc... To be a fan of the NFL can be an expensive endeavor. What EA is doing, is along the same lines, and believe me, the NFL approves.

Don't stress over it. If you can't/or don't want to pay, then don't. It's alright. That's how this world works.

Peace.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #47
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Exactly. They stated back around the NFL draft time frame that the AFL unis would be in. This isnt some last minute decision on unis like NCAAF why weren't these uniforms on the disc to begin with? And whatever they charge us I'm willing to bet atleast 2 of the 8 teams unis will have errors in them. It is what it is.

Last edited by AC IS ART; 09-02-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

$5 per uniform.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »