Home

Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

This is a discussion on Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be buying the Madden 10 AFL DLC?
Yes 52 30.06%
NO 121 69.94%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: Wasn't $60.00 bucks enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I proved to myself with 2k9 baseball that I can quit. For yearsi was always complaining about madden and 2k baseball sucking, last year after Madden ripped me off another 60 bucks, i said thats it, but i was sold on the online franchise and presentation. In the spring 2k9 didnt move me and i saids im sticking to my guns, im not even renting it. after seeing the forums like 2 weeks after release, i was happy with my decision. Next year, I will do the same for madden.
I'm with you on that homie. As with Skudplayer, Madden has become addicting to me (I sound like we're in an A-A meeting). But I was so hopeful about this year's madden after all the blogs and all the videos and all the promises and for it to come out like this? and on top of that charge us for some extra DLC Bulls***? Nawwww MO. Can't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStuckel21
People need to take a stand and let EA know this is unacceptable. The only way they stop trying to squeeze extra bucks out of us is if no one buys the extra crap they are selling. I haven't bought any of the extra junk they offer and I will continue to refuse to do so. It doesn't bother me one bit.
The only thing is is that we're the minority. Even if OSers don't buy it, the vast majority of casual gamers don't know any better. Which, in my opinion, makes EA very weak and wack for going for the easy kill.

You can call it what you want to: economics, business, listen; IMO, there should always be 2 things called integrity, and customer service. The company is as rich as can be and already knows anyone who likes football is gonna be buying madden. So even if they don't know any better, it's never a bad time to do right by them.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I love how people like this whine and cry about DLC, yet they'll be right there the day it's released paying up for it.

Just do us all a favor and shut your mouth. Your wallet will speak louder than your mouth ever could.
yeah, that's why if you look at my ps3 you won't see any DLC pertaining to madden.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 09-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
Kinda strange - ESPN 2K5 had all these jerseys in there....standard!

Sorry but PAYING for some extra jerseys is just insane. See for something like extra map packs on say COD is one thing - but jerseys?
What's the difference between a map pack and an AFL Jersey?

Nothing. You run around in both of 'em.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72

I heard in an interview, I believe it was Ian or Phil, state that EA Sports was almost like the 33rd franchise in the league. If you truly understand what this is all about, making money, then what beef can you really have?
Which is why the license will remain in EA's unchallenged hands. Do people really think that they would have made that "First Annual EA Celebrity ProAm Football game" if the NFL planned on opening things up to competition. I hope people don't get their hopes up too high in that area.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #61
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

You dudes stop crying I feel like Im in thread full of women... Don't buy it. If people don't buy then they won't charge in future years...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #62
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
"Everything you see on Sundays! You just have to pay extra for it!"
That preseason game was on a Saturday. Also in the pasta padre article he says he doesn't know if there will be a charge. He said probably not but it isn't like this is EA saying this. I'd love to read a post about Madden without hearing about how great 2k5 was. If I recall Madden 2005 also had the old school jerseys. Lets get all the facts before we organize a boycott. On a side note they are freaking jerseys that you DON'T see on Sunday. If you want extra you need to pay extra.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #63
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
I'm with you on that homie. As with Skudplayer, Madden has become addicting to me (I sound like we're in an A-A meeting). But I was so hopeful about this year's madden after all the blogs and all the videos and all the promises and for it to come out like this? and on top of that charge us for some extra DLC Bulls***? Nawwww MO. Can't do that.

The only thing is is that we're the minority. Even if OSers don't buy it, the vast majority of casual gamers don't know any better. Which, in my opinion, makes EA very weak and wack for going for the easy kill.

You can call it what you want to: economics, business, listen; IMO, there should always be 2 things called integrity, and customer service. The company is as rich as can be and already knows anyone who likes football is gonna be buying madden. So even if they don't know any better, it's never a bad time to do right by them.
So..now you have a problem with a company making money. What is weak about making a sale? If you were playing madden online against someone that just got the game and you could tell they had no idea what they were doing. In the 4th quarter when you are up by 50 will you offer a friendly quit? Since we all know we wouldn't don't complain that EA targets consumers that will make the purchase. There is no such thing as integrity in business and as far as customer service goes they are giving the other 90% of consumers what they want. Hardcore forum gamers are a very small demographic to work for and impossible to please.

Maybe if people didn't complain about every little detail, some bigger things could get fixed. There are only a select number of available days to work on a game. The more equipment issues they try to fix the less real issues they can address.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #64
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Restaurants are a bad comparison. You see It comes down to your money and the fact that you dont spend yours you spend mommys. Economics in restaurant industries are much different you have delievery charges, electrical, gas, and product cost.those are your main reasons for cost innflation. At EA as with many other gaming companys they just need to sale the magic number. They have a good idea of cost going into the fight they just need the number of buyers to come through. DLC is becoming to abrassive. Your going to buy the game and then spend more to have what you want or for the complete product. I bought Madden 10 for 60 I didnt buy it just to get less than I was supposed to get nor am I paying for the Extras. Its sad that these are the times we're living in.
First off, I havent spend my mommy's money in about thirteen years, so thanks for playing. Secondly not one sentence that you just typed made any sense as to making your point that having to pay an extra 5 dollars for additional jerseys is some major crime or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »