Home

Pursuit angles?

This is a discussion on Pursuit angles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #33
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Pursuit angles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Perfect illustration with Dansby. Happens with OLB's too if they are covering the HB. They slide inside first, let the back get ahead then go out but by then it's too late.
I agree with the inside step. Far too slow and long developing.

The second issue where Dansby gets caught between the routes, I have no issue with. That what's supposed to happen vs. man coverage. That play is designed to pick LB's covering the flat. Technically, what needs to happen is the defense needs to switch off receivers.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I agree with the inside step. Far too slow and long developing.

The second issue where Dansby gets caught between the routes, I have no issue with. That what's supposed to happen vs. man coverage. That play is designed to pick LB's covering the flat. Technically, what needs to happen is the defense needs to switch off receivers.
The second issue is a bit more complicated. As a backer you gotta decide if you are going to go around the traffic or if you are going to cut under it. But I'm not sure anyone can program A.I to read the depth of the traffic so we'll just have to accept one or the other.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusJunk
I think this thread is enough to push me to give up on Madden (again!) and trade it in. Back to APF and 2k5, or maybe I'll just bust out Madden 05 for my laptop. Burned again.

The guy in charge of the game has to ask for examples - so his team can "know where to start" - that show one of the biggest flaws in the game, a flaw that jumps out after one game to anyone who ain't comatose. Unreal. That means an attempted fix for it isn't in the first patch and, if it were to end up in a second patch, the work on it is going to be very rushed. Plus, I have no hope that any attempted fixes for the running game that might be forthcoming (you know, to stop my tackles from turning around and running backwards five yards at the snap of the ball on a few running plays every game, to get guards to take plausible angles when trying to block a LB, to get my FB to not blindly whizz past a blitzing LB who's about to smear my QB, etc) won't just be a glitch that ends up making the DLs and LBs as stupid as the guys on the o-line.
Well there are a lot of developers that head up games that don't know about some of the games bugs, so I don't think it is fair to take a shot at Ian in that regard. But that does not mean that someone did not know about it. Whether they inform him of the issue is the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well there are a lot of developers that head up games that don't know about some of the games bugs, so I don't think it is fair to take a shot at Ian in that regard. But that does not mean that someone did not know about it. Whether they inform him of the issue is the question.
Fair enough. However, if Ian has played the game at all (which it sure seems he has), I can't fathom how this particular bug didn't jump right out at him. This isn't like Marion Barber's hair morphing in and out. This is basic gameplay stuff that crops up any time you play.

Anyway, even if Ian were living in a cave the last few months, you're absolutely right that someone on the team should have caught this and brought it to his attention.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Take the Chargers and run Sproles or Tomlinson on a stretch play out of a double tight set and run straight at the sideline after the handoff before you turn upfield and you'll see them. They get to the corner every time even against a 9 man box with outside blitzing called. The only way to stop it is either goal line or engage 8 with a 46 defense. Additionally, I've seen it on outside runs against unblocked dime and quarter personnel by the Chargers and Colts.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #38
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the bad pursuit compliments the bad blocking AI, which compliments the suction & stickiness of said blocking, which compliments the suction tackling, and so on...
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
you are wrong i mean very wrong. man coverage in madden is different from man coverage in the nfl.
video prove
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...n-to-Booker-TD
defenders pick up wr in the nfl. they dont have a specific guy asign to them that is the deference between man coverage in the nfl and man coverage in madden.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 52

Never said I don't see this - I am just looking to you all for feedback, help, and support. You all are playing the game WAY more than I am. Some of you guys are getting twice the amount of game in a day that I get in a week. I'm not a game tester anymore...I have a lot of other responsibilities. Add to the fact that I've been on vacation for 2+ weeks...I'm trying to catch up to all the hot-button issues.

I know it's easy to get frustrated, but I'm just here for one reason - to make the game better.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 09-03-2009 at 10:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »