Home

NO PASS RUSH!!

This is a discussion on NO PASS RUSH!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NO PASS RUSH!!

Are they going to patch this my D-Line gets no pass rush at all and the computer QB just sit back and chills till someone is wide open but on the other hand when i am on offence they get to me in like 2 sec... they have got to even this up.. any suggestion anyone?? and don't say blitz bc i should be able to get pressure with my front four!

thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NO PASS RUSH!!

You won't get much pressure by blitzing either.

But, this has been said a million times and will get sent to the gripes thread soon.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

The fact that it is INDEED a huge issue, is that the CPU gets to you easily with just 4 or when they blitz. When we try to do the same, our DL gets abused by AVERAGE OL and if we BLITZ, regardless of how many we send, MAGICALLY they are all picked up and the QB does his thing.

Now, dont get me wrong. I do get sacks, but ONLY with the player i directly control. The others under AI control NEVER get to the QB. If you watch replays, you will see COUNTLESS times, you AI controlled DL/LB will literally STOP cold right before they get to the QB as if they were wearing a RED no contact jersey.
That is INDEED an indication of a programming GOOF which "should" be able to be fixed.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

This is definitely an issue. I played a full season and Peppers had 2 sacks.

The one thing you can do is lower their pass block and control a defense end yourself. I currently have 8 sacks with my other defensive end and a ton of hurries in week 7.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

I am getting realistic numbers in the 9 games I have played. I do blitz about half the time. My LB sacks aren't that high but DL is doing fine.

I have one guy with 10 sacks DE, another with 7 DT, then it drops to like 4 but over all my numbers are within reason. The DE I am using only has like 4.

I am playing with a 4-3 team, I do hear there is issues with 3-4 teams but am unsure if that is simmed or played games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
This is definitely an issue. I played a full season and Peppers had 2 sacks.

The one thing you can do is lower their pass block and control a defense end yourself. I currently have 8 sacks with my other defensive end and a ton of hurries in week 7.
i have not had a problem with this.
maybe because i have a beast d-line.

re= Mario Williams dt= Tommie Harris le= shawne merriman

i had 22 sacks with Mario

18 sacks from Tommie

and 16 sacks with merriman

and i played all the games no Sim.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Set your pass rush slider to 100 and the CPU pass blocking to 10 this will allow you to get pressure with your front 4 alone and for blitzes to work better as well.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just realized that when DE's come off the line the tackle don't hardly back up at all. In real life as soon as the ball moves the LT and RT shuffle back to create the pocket which makes the space between the DE and QB smaller. But, in Madden this doesn't happen so if or when you break off the O-lineman you still have to sprint a few yards to the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »