Home

4th and Inches Part One

This is a discussion on 4th and Inches Part One within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: 4th and Inches Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
IDK why everyone is hating on Madden so much. It's miles better than the first 4 next gen games. There isn't anything that's gamekilling this year, the game is fun and Franchise mode works this year.

I think people seem to forget that the "G.O.A.T." of football games (2K5) had issues too. QB play was horrible, the DB "circle" animation, it was almost impossible to hit screen passes and Franchise mode was broken.

That's just as much issues as Madden this year and we get 2 patches for it.
what does 2k have to do with Madden not being a great game, and its gameplay feeling old and boring as was posted? If Madden fails, it did it on its own, there arent any other football games to compare it with.......oh, were you speaking of a 2005 game? Funny, are we still that behind with Madden. Give the 2k talk a rest, Maddens judged on itself now....and still hasnt met 2010 standards. Madden 2010 should have been like this back in 2006/2007. I dont even want to stress how far behind it is with other sport games.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 16
Madden 08 on Xbox. The best Madden I have ever played.

I was wondering why they didn't include the mercy rule for online in this years version.

No need. Once you get up 21 points you can bet the AI will make the guy your pounding come back.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 4th and Inches Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
what does 2k have to do with Madden not being a great game, and its gameplay feeling old and boring as was posted? If Madden fails, it did it on its own, there arent any other football games to compare it with.......oh, were you speaking of a 2005 game? Funny, are we still that behind with Madden. Give the 2k talk a rest, Maddens judged on itself now....and still hasnt met 2010 standards. Madden 2010 should have been like this back in 2006/2007. I dont even want to stress how far behind it is with other sport games.

I never said 2K has anything to do with Madden's success/failure. I brought up 2K5 because like I said, alot of people think that is the best football game ever but the way those people talk about it always being so much better than Madden is annoying because they call out Madden on all of it's problems but never mention the problems that game had as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love 2K5 as well and have it sitting right next to my 360 but I'm just tired of people complaining about Madden and then bringing up 2K5 like it's the holy grail of games and act like it had no problems as if Madden is the only game that's ever had issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »