Home

Anyone else frustrated by this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else frustrated by this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else frustrated by this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
How bout paying your nickel back like 7 mil a year? Frustrating, but sometimes it's refreshing since it forces me to let go of some guys and try to fill holes with rookies.
I liked that. He was my nickle back, but able to start at another team. He wasn't prepared to sign at what I felt was a good offer to be my #3 corner, and went elsewhere as a #1 corner.
Same for my #3 HB, who got starter money elsewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
that doesnt explain why unemployed players demand huge contracts.

"no sir, my client would rather sit at home on his couch playing madden 10 than playing in the NFL for 800k a year. we want 1.7 million with 600k gaurenteed. good day"
Marvin Harrison is that you?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
i haven't seen a problem with it unless that particular position is lower on the total amount of players left. ie - there are a ton of WRs in my FA pool after one season. i sign chris henry for 1 year, maybe a million bucks. maybe. the dude sucks, rated in the 60s, but he's there to fill out my roster. now with OL or corners, there aren't many highly rated players at those positions so i kind of understand the logic of them demanding more money.

but- i did have to sell dan snyder's six flags and the team jet to resign carlos rogers after the season. really makes away games a nightmare.
omg carlos rogers. that guy broke the bank. i couldnt believe how much he wanted. between him and clinton portis the redskins cant be competitive in a cap world game lol

in all seriousness tho i think the logic for contract signings is in fact broken. i dont mind losing players to free agency because they want to make huge money. but players who are 70-75 overall shouldnt be commanding more than 1.5 million per year. in this game, a 75 player can easily demand as much as 4 million a year. its stupid, unrealistic, and there's just no excuse or reasoning for it

and again, im talking about free agents who are left in the FA pool after no CPU team signs him. i dont want to hear ppl whine to me in this thread that im complaining i cant resign my own fa's cheap. im talking about the 75 overall unemployed football player i want to sign to plug a hole because the starter i used to have wanted 14 million a year lol

Last edited by White Out; 09-03-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 8

I have mixed feelings here because first of all players who are rated in the 70's are now supposed to be starter quality players with the ratings being spread out this year. This means they should demand starter money. In the NFL teams consistently overpay for mediocre guys who had one great year or players who were backups and will now get a chance to start somewhere.

On the other side I hate to see guys rated highly sitting in Free Agency. Now if it's one or two guys holding out for big money or if it was older guys who haven't retired yet then it would be fine but a bunch of high rated young players in FA shouldn't happen.

Weighing the pro's and con's I would rather have these high contract demands and see highly rated young players in free agency. This will atleast make building a team tough. In every previous year it has been too easy to load up on good talent and be under the cap. It sounds like building a team should be a lot harder and in my eyes that is more important. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see those guys lower their demands. Maybe they could make it so every week that passes they will lower their demands a certain percent.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
I was going to ask are you serious? but your a mod so... sure. I guess.
It's a very offensive word.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like that's it's difficult. Forces you to draft well I usually extend good players a year or two before they make it to the market. Right now, I'm in a salary cap bind because I missed on a high draft pick qb. 60 million????? Lol
Old 09-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's a very offensive word.
in the context I used it, yes. But to word itself means slowed, essentially, and is an often used scientific term
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #32
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I think that most of the complainers are the guys who are used to re-signing everyone on there team plus, all the 80+ FA's that they want.

So, it's not flawed you just going to have to get used to it.

Guess what? Your 86 OVR rated nickel corner wants a chance to go somewhere and start. If he doesn't get the pay day that he wants then he'll be happy to sit out (see Brandon Marshall & Michael Crabtree).

It forces you to make tough decisions which is very realistic, IMO and I for one am enjoying it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »