Home

Open players in the flats, an observation.

This is a discussion on Open players in the flats, an observation. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Open players in the flats, an observation.

I know several people have complained about this and I read some of the threads but not all so if I repeat someone sorry.

I noticed that part of the problem is the plays that have HB/FB/TE in for blocks then fade out to flats for routes. In this case I have watched several replays and saw why they are so WIDE open when they do that. I know this happens with real football a lot as well but normally they are a dump off and pick up 3-5 yards before someone steps up and hammers them.

Basically what happens is say a HB is suposed to stay in and block and then drop out for a route. The HB will run up to the line like he is going to block. The LB or whatever that was supposed to cover him in a man to man defense will just run down the field like they are supposed to be a deep saftey in zone coverage. Then next thing you know that HB drops out for a pass and has 10-15 yards of daylight and that LB is 20 to 30yds downfield just running :P

Crazy stuff happens in this game for sure. I'm pretty sure in real FB in a case like that, the LB would drop into a shallow zone so he could cover the middle of the short field and a play like this instead of running up field 30 yds. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Open players in the flats, an observation.

the other problem is even on plays where the hb takes off immediately to the flats, the lb covering him in man will for no reason at all take a step or even two inside toward the mlb, then head out to the flats. of course all the fast or decently fast hb needs is one step on the slow lb and he's gone and thats exactly what he's getting by default. somebody actually put a vid up in the Ian pursuit angle thread.

also ive seen some wacky stuff where the lb will head directly out to the sideline in a straight line while the hb is curling out of the backfield on his flat route. this is bad because he's 6-8 yds out and allows the hb to catch the ball 1-2 yds out and has plenty of steps to get up to speed for the truck or to make a cut or spin. in an ideal world the lb would head out towards the sidelines and down as well to meet the hb at the point of the catch normally 1-3yds out from LOS.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

If you turn up the reaction slider it will get them out there faster but its not very realistic then because they will start to warp in front of recievers , magically getting a huge amount of speed when the ball is passed. Same thing happens if you turn up wide reciever catching to high, they will warp ahead on balls thrown out in front of them and make the catch.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

This needs to get fixed so I can start my 'chise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »