Home

Swapping player positions

This is a discussion on Swapping player positions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Swapping player positions

so i wonder.......if scrub qb J.lorenzen could be a decent Lb due to his size since i think he weighs 260lbs. HA! Im sure not with his 10 tackle rating he probably has.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt44
I'm using a 3-4 so thats my thoughts about both of those. May just bring Elvis in on nickle and dime plays and blitz him as much as possible.
Yea good thinking.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
wow dumerill +20 Ovr to switch positions. id do it! IRL if you had an average Lb that "fit" better at DL you'd do it. And J.Taylor makes sense cuz he was a DE til the past couple years when he switched to LB. And I agree with IMSKYKID... i would never put a 240lb backer at DT. My DT's gotta weigh 275+!
Dumervil used to be a DE, the reason you see drastic ratings increases is because the game only runs a 1 gap scheme, so no matter what type of defense you run, pass rushers are meant to be defensive ends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Dumervil used to be a DE, the reason you see drastic ratings increases is because the game only runs a 1 gap scheme, so no matter what type of defense you run, pass rushers are meant to be defensive ends
I also think the reason he's poorly rated at OLB is that he's never played there before, but infact in pre-seaosn he's looked quite good there and made Orlando Pace look abit foolish on occasions Vs the Bears.

Maybe an update may improve his stats a little bit.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 13

Check out this link if you want to know why this happens:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-answers.html

The reason Dumervil makes such a good DE is that pass rushing OLBs in general often have ratings that are more DE ratings than OLB ratings. As you can see in the above link, FMV and PMV are much more important to a DE's overall rating than an OLB's overall rating.

In my franchise I have a rule about position changes for stat increases. In season 1 I don't do it at all. After season I will do it but only in the offseason (which is when you see this happen in real life). I also only do the switch if the player's size and stats look like they could play in their new position. That means no small DE/DT's and no huge FS/SS's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »