Home

Old 10-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3
Cheddar

It gets pretty old when half the games I play online the person I play runs the wildcat the whole game! It's so frustrating and I couldn't stop it either. And also when they move back all, or most, the defensive line into coverage. Needed to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Rookie

rush02721's Arena

Re: Cheddar

Yeah it gets on me too. I love trying to figure out before the first 4th down if this is going to be one of those go for it on 4th every time and screen pass down the field type of guys. I just want at least a semi-sim style game if I can't get a real sim game. But also would like to play people who actually watch and/or know football rules.
Last week I'm playing this guy(or kid) who is playing ok. I had just scored a touchdown to open the third quarter 17-7 I'm up. Now I go to kick off, and he had done this before but i just ignored it, he is set up for on-side return. I'm like what do you think I am? Do you not respect my playing style and think I'm going to audible to on-side kick when you are in return??? So I decide to kick the ball at like 70% power and down the other side of the field from where he's lined up. The ball gets to the 15 and is bouncing hard to towards the end-zone. He brings his return guy over but doesn't get to the ball by the time it gets into the end-zone. He just stops his returner, HE IS STANDING AT THE FIVE YARD LINE! So I just start gunning for the end-zone, still he has no idea what he's doing, I get to the end-zone, pick up the ball. TD! I felt bad for the guy at first but come on. Why do you play a sports game that you have no idea what the rules are. I don't know cricket so I don't play cricket video games.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Wildcat is easy to stop lol 46 outside blitz, put your DE's on contains and wala your opponent gets stuffed for a 3 yd loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
It gets pretty old when half the games I play online the person I play runs the wildcat the whole game! It's so frustrating and I couldn't stop it either. And also when they move back all, or most, the defensive line into coverage. Needed to vent.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

No, I know. It may be easy to stop, but the point is it just makes the online experience no fun when you have to go up against a person that only uses a handful of plays. WR screens, HB screens, and wildcat. Just annoying.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

Ian said that they were making the AI smarter this year, so if someone ran the same play over and over teams would begin to recognize it. What I think he forgot to say is that he doesn't consider the players on your team AI so they DON'T recognize plays over and over, like they should. Until Madden addresses the fact that your players are AI too, Cheezers will forever reign annoying as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

as long as there are poorly raised kids, there will be online cheesers. calling hurry up on dead balls is my pet peeve.

cheese or no cheese, its still annoying- I want to use Minn. but refuse to online because I hate playing against them online because AP is just a guaranteed gain this year.

right now I am playing the multi player games in EA hockey- it has cheesers to but less on average. its just less stressful and you feel less responsible for losing
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4
Lightbulb Re: Cheddar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
And also when they move back all, or most, the defensive line into coverage. Needed to vent.
Run the football?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

I hate the wildcat. The most overused play online by far! And going for it on 4th down when there is no need to. Thats the reason I hardly ever play games online. If they only had a place for sim style players!

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »