Home

Is it bad programming or mediocre technology

This is a discussion on Is it bad programming or mediocre technology within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is it bad programming or mediocre technology

Bad programming. The AI was smarter on the last gen of Madden, and the technology was worse then.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by generasian
I personally blame Ian Cummings. Madden needs a development lead that brings something new to the table. An innovator. A prime example is NBA Live 10. The series had been floundering for the past couple of years so the EA brass decided to hire directly from their competition, Mike Wang from NBA 2k.
This is obviously a troll post but I'll reply anyway. This was Ian's first year as lead designer and Madden has innovated this year.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This isn't a gripe, it's an honest question.

I say the programming is flawed in the gameplay department. I think it's salvageable though. There is enough good stuff in Madden, but not enough of it.

Everything looks like it halfway works. Just need to get it the rest of the way.
I must have the only great copy of the game, because i'm having a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictaylor
I must have the only great copy of the game, because i'm having a blast.
There is no correlation between bad programming and fun. For all I know, you are amused by watching paint dry.

I'm sorry, but some of us notice football fundamentals when playing a simulation NFL game.

I wish I were you though, ignorance is indeed bliss.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #13
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by generasian
I personally blame Ian Cummings. Madden needs a development lead that brings something new to the table. An innovator. A prime example is NBA Live 10. The series had been floundering for the past couple of years so the EA brass decided to hire directly from their competition, Mike Wang from NBA 2k.
I've been pretty harsh on Madden 10, but to say Ian Cummings is the problem is one of the funniest things I've heard. People seem to assume that he has total reign over what happens at EA and Tiburon when it comes to Madden, and I doubt that's the case.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
There is no correlation between bad programming and fun. For all I know, you are amused by watching paint dry.

I'm sorry, but some of us notice football fundamentals when playing a simulation NFL game.

I wish I were you though, ignorance is indeed bliss.
If thats the case, you must be having a ball, because your reply here is awful ignorant. Gosh, I MUST not know anything about football, because I really enjoy Madden 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Great logic there, champ. I've played football for 10 years, I've played video game football since Bill Walsh's college football, I'm FAIRLY certain I know about the game. But hey, keep making assumptions about people you don't know, clutter up the board with more useless threads when you could just post in a sticky, knock yourself right out!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #15
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Honestly at this point is really hard to know exactly what it is.

Ian came in here with the motto of "See it on Sunday see it in Madden" That didn't happen.

There was a huge list of features and adjustments that the game was going to have, and that also didn't happen.

I don't know if Ian talks a good game or he and his team is bad at programming. It's tough to call right now.

The way I feel. I'm going with bad technology. I know mediocre was posted, but I feel this engine is BAD!

Ian and his team deserves one more year before they can be blamed for anything.
I feel their hearts and energy are in the right place, but are using a horrible engine to work with, and cause of this it is making it tough on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 13

If in fact it's a problem with the programming has anyone bothered to consider that maybe they just didn't have time to program everything properly?
I mean, this year's edition has some pretty revolutionary changes that probably took up a lot of the programmers' time.
The focus should be on identifying the problems with the game and offering helpful suggestions on how to fix those problems.
Since we have no control over who EA hires to work on the game, complaining about who's working on it accomplishes nothing.
There's constructive criticism and then there's just criticism.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »