Home

The 3-4 is still broken, ideas and ways to fix it.

This is a discussion on The 3-4 is still broken, ideas and ways to fix it. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The 3-4 is still broken, ideas and ways to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
More proof as to why you never leave your center 1 on 1 on a NT.

LMAO that is exactly y u have to double team the nose tackle every single play!!! MANHANDLED! lol
Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 2

I to have noticed that outside linebackers in the 3-4 rarely get double digit sacks but to say it doesn't happen would be a lie...Joey porter has gotten double digit sacks a number of times when I SIMMED a season. I've seen James Harrison get double digit sacks a number of times as well.The outside linebackers for New England usually get at least 8 sacks a year. Ive seen Suggs get double digits a couple of times. Demarcus Ware? Well I don't think Ive seen him hit double digits.

I tried to get Demarcus Ware's numbers up by messing with the coaching sliders but that did not seem to make much of a difference. The only thing Ive seen that works to an a degree is maxing out his strength. Like others have stated his power moves and block shedding are already at the top, but I think strength might be more important.The numbers were still not great, you would get generally 7-10 sacks out of him though.

If you notice when controlling all 32 teams and you go to there coaching scheme, a number of 3-4 are pre set as 4-3 teams! ( Dolphins, Cowboys, Broncos, Ravens!, Jets!). The bucaneers are set as a 3-4 team? Not sure about that? The team that glorified the cover 2 is now a 3-4? Don't follow the bucs so i dunno...its EA though so most likely not....
Old 09-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Degrah
I to have noticed that outside linebackers in the 3-4 rarely get double digit sacks but to say it doesn't happen would be a lie...Joey porter has gotten double digit sacks a number of times when I SIMMED a season. I've seen James Harrison get double digit sacks a number of times as well.The outside linebackers for New England usually get at least 8 sacks a year. Ive seen Suggs get double digits a couple of times. Demarcus Ware? Well I don't think Ive seen him hit double digits.

I tried to get Demarcus Ware's numbers up by messing with the coaching sliders but that did not seem to make much of a difference. The only thing Ive seen that works to an a degree is maxing out his strength. Like others have stated his power moves and block shedding are already at the top, but I think strength might be more important.The numbers were still not great, you would get generally 7-10 sacks out of him though.

If you notice when controlling all 32 teams and you go to there coaching scheme, a number of 3-4 are pre set as 4-3 teams! ( Dolphins, Cowboys, Broncos, Ravens!, Jets!). The bucaneers are set as a 3-4 team? Not sure about that? The team that glorified the cover 2 is now a 3-4? Don't follow the bucs so i dunno...its EA though so most likely not....
If you want to get ware's sacks up play a game, Sub him in at DE on Dime, Quater, ECT and then quit the game and then just sim the games as usual
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »