Home

Ways to Improve Madden 10(from a hardcore players view)

This is a discussion on Ways to Improve Madden 10(from a hardcore players view) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Ways to Improve Madden 10(from a hardcore players view)

I know the majority of guys on this board are more franchise players, but I thought Id post a list of things that I feel can be improved from a strictly gameplay standpoint. Madden 10 is very very good, and I feel with a few tweaks it may be damn near perfect.

1)Nanos-obviously this has always been in Madden, but in Madden 10, for some odd reason it is way easier to crash the a-gap than it was in Madden 09. This creates situations where people can reguarly get pressure with 5 guys against 6 or 7 blockers, and that just shouldnt be. Shore up the middle of the o-line with a patch if possible.

2)The running game-seems very ineffective up the middle. Even when going against defenses with the d-line in pass coverage, you will still find yourself stopped for 3 yards or less alot of times. If someone drops linemen into coverage and you use ANY sort of run(not just draws), you should easily be able to steamroll them for 6+ yards most times. Even draw plays seem pretty weak compared to past years.

3)The Draw Glitch-anyone who payed attention to the MLG tournament in Dallas knows what I mean. If you cancel PA in a shotgun PA pass play, it creates a QB draw play that is 99% unstoppable. There are also some non-PA passing plays that allow you to do this too....ones that have little to no auto drop back for the QB. The defense just doesnt react quickly enough to stop a QB run up the middle.

4)The Rocket Catch-vastly improved over 09....but still there a tiny bit. I LOVE user catching...but the RC has always just been a way to cancel out the animation system of the game. It was completely eliminated from ps2 after Madden 06, so there must be a way that can be done again right?

5)Some sort of way to disguise man or zone coverage-most times you dont even have to motion someone to read man or zone pre-snap..it is THAT EASY in Madden nowadays to read it. Either give us back the ability to freeze the D, or make it so that the defense doesnt give it away so easily.
Example:in a Shotgun Snugs play, the defense will start off lined up directly over the WRs when in man coverage EVERY TIME 100%. Please please make it so that Madden is about on the fly reads after the snap and not always being able to read man/zone before the snap.

6)Individual Coverage Audibles-having to choose to either bump every WR or bump no WRs is a crippling disadvantage for the defense. You have been able to bump individual WRs in ps2 for years now, so why not the new Madden?

Thx for reading, and I want to re-iterate that I really like Madden 10....not trying to be negative. If these things are tweaked IMO we would have by far the best football videogame ever.

Last edited by deloz; 09-03-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »