Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #73
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
besides Moss and Welker..what Pats receivers had stellar numbers? Branch put up solid ones but EA rewarded him w/ a couple years of very high ratings.

Culpepper was a beast in like 05 Madden
and Anderson was rewarded w/ a pretty high rating in M 09..so again i guess i dont see your point..how is that different exactly?

each year's..hell, each week's, roster updates are PBP!!
...Exactly...

You are seeing the game and RL as one being. They are separate things.

I will say this one more time because I am sick of repeating myself. How do you get better in sports IRL? Do you think that if I went to a baseball field and hit 4 home runs I was the next Babe Ruth just BECAUSE I hit those home runs?

How about the fact that I had to spend 8 hours a day at the batting cage, training every day, listening to my coaches tips, studying the other team, and finally being blessed with some god given talent.

IRL players go to training camp, they watch film, they do all of the above to get better. They get rated in Madden by how well everyone thinks they can do.

My points about those players were the fact that IRL they were complete bums. They got overrated in madden and there was a roster update to fix that. But when you start franchise there is no roster update. Therefore if it is PBP players like the ones listed above will turn into superstars...and stay that way but IRL they were bums in a good situation.

In madden though, When you make a player progress because he runs well then you are basically taking out what really happens IRL(training coaching studying ecdt ect) and you make everything a roster update and that is not sim. Players who are put into a good situation that produce in madden would only get better in madden but IRL they arent really getting any better and wouldnt get any better either.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #74
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
Doesn't that prove my point? On a PBP system, how would he have ever gotten any better?
The problem is, it should prove your point. But actually he would have gotten better on a PBP system than he would on the current system. On the PBP if you had a backup he would progress based on how well the team did, if the team did better and he did nothing he would get at least a small increase in OVR points. But the problem is he wouldn't get any increase under the current system because he was 29 when he "became good".
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #75
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
no they dont..theyve never see him play!!! they can rate him low initially, fine, but why put a ceiling on him??? there is no celing on him in real life..its up to him
1. Oh yes there is. You're naiive if you don't realize this. I'm never going to be John Elway.

2. Players in the game aren't real. There capable of exactly what the devs say they are. Nothing more, nothing less. In that way, potential is no different that throwing power.
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #76
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
I've explained this several times. You'll have to be more specific about what you aren't understanding. But to reiterate:

Progression comes about from practice during the week, training in the off season, watching film, lifting weights, etc. Not from catching 6 balls instead of 3 on Sunday.
im not trying to be a **** and i assume you arent either..but ive said it twice already...these things arent in the game!!!

so now thats out the way, what do you rather they base it on?..one man's opinion? or their actual output on the field?

its rather simple
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 AM   #77
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
obviously they could tweak it..but dont put a ceiling on my guy when the the devs have no idea what he can be capable of...noone does, only time
That is the ONLY flaw. RL players get "shafted" because no one really knows their limit. If you can come up with a better way instead of saying the same thing over and over again then please do say something. We have already said it is a flaw that real players get shafted. If you make the argument for the premade draft players I have already stated that when the franchise starts it is a fantasy world and therefore EA becomes all knowning and they know exactly how good a player will get and who the gems and busts will be.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 AM   #78
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
im not trying to be a **** and i assume you arent either..but ive said it twice already...these things arent in the game!!!

so now thats out the way, what do you rather they base it on?..one man's opinion? or their actual output on the field?

its rather simple
We are saying it needs to be put into the game because that is what really happens IRL. How hard is that for you to understand?
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:33 AM   #79
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
The problem is, it should prove your point. But actually he would have gotten better on a PBP system than he would on the current system. On the PBP if you had a backup he would progress based on how well the team did, if the team did better and he did nothing he would get at least a small increase in OVR points. But the problem is he wouldn't get any increase under the current system because he was 29 when he "became good".
1. How is this sim? You don't be a better player simply because you're a member of a specific team. That's not PBP, anyway.

2. Under PBP, the first time he got cut, and wasn't putting up stats, he would regress into a 30 OVR or whatever, and that would be the end of him. If he ever saw the field again, he'd miss every tackle, and would just keep regressing.

3. Under a non-PBP system, he may have a low OVR (i.e. not be very good), but could have a high POT (i.e. he could end up being very good, even if he doesn't put up good stats before he "became good."
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 AM   #80
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
no they dont..theyve never seen him play!!! they can rate him low initially, fine, but why put a ceiling on him??? there is no ceiling on him in real life..its up to him..why should it be different
I think there is a ceiling on everyone, but the problem is you can't put a ceiling on him in the game or else he will always be a scrub, that is why I think it has to be geared towards performance. (With obvious factors like draft position and age etc also being considered).
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.

Top -