Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
1. F rated running backs shouldn't be able to put up those kinds of numbers.

2. They wouldn't even see the field, because there'd always be a better player to take their carries.

3. If an F rated player did put up those kind of numbers, why would you need/want him to get any better?

and finally:

4. What's going to happen when the F rated running back progresses to a 95. Is he going to rush for 7000 yards? How is that sim?
If you dont know the answer mate, just say so - no point coming back to me with a list of pointless questions... I am asking about how potential could stunt the statistical progression of my player, even if he was a success on the field.

Im not saying he will become a 99 overall and rush for 15000 yards per game, I want to know if my F rated player does achieve good numbers why does the 'F' have to hold him back?

You are looking at this with blinkers on, you believe that all Fs have to fail. I agree that 99% probably wont succeed or deserve any major progression, BUT there is always that 1 player/person (in real life as well) who was always overlooked, not given the time of day by the scouts... yet when he went onto the field, he achieved... in real life if this was the case, would the people around him say "Hang on a minute, you were never rated highly by scouts... SO we are going to restrict you from progressing to be a top end player by tying a horse to your back... sorry about that, but we cannot have the 'grade' system have an anamoly"

All sports will have had a player come from no-where and achieve at the highest level. What Maddens potential system is telling me is that "No there is no chance that anyone rated F can be a top player"

Not good enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
1. Oh yes there is. You're naiive if you don't realize this. I'm never going to be John Elway.

2. Players in the game aren't real. There capable of exactly what the devs say they are. Nothing more, nothing less. In that way, potential is no different that throwing power.
sweet so my favorite team's rookie gets screwed in every franchise i play because Donny Moore thinks little of him...sweet, sounds like a swell game..no matter what i do, i cant change it

and you, Donny, nor I have any clue who the next Elway is..it could easily be some kid at the bottom of a depth chart w/ an F potential rating ..kind of like...Brady!!

you're being naive if you think Donny has a clue
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #83
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
1. How is this sim? You don't be a better player simply because you're a member of a specific team. That's not PBP, anyway.

2. Under PBP, the first time he got cut, and wasn't putting up stats, he would regress into a 30 OVR or whatever, and that would be the end of him. If he ever saw the field again, he'd miss every tackle, and would just keep regressing.

3. Under a non-PBP system, he may have a low OVR (i.e. not be very good), but could have a high POT (i.e. he could end up being very good, even if he doesn't put up good stats before he "became good."
Actually in Madden 06 players didn't regress until they got older, so when he was being cut when younger he wouldn't regress.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
im not trying to be a **** and i assume you arent either..but ive said it twice already...these things arent in the game!!!

so now thats out the way, what do you rather they base it on?..one man's opinion? or their actual output on the field?

its rather simple
So what if they aren't explicitly in the game? Have non-PBP progression, with behind-the-scenes practices, film room sessions, workouts, etc. as the rationale behind it.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:37 AM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Actually in Madden 06 players didn't regress until they got older, so when he was being cut when younger he wouldn't regress.
That's good. He shouldn't. But that's out of keeping with the philosphy of PBP. In any case, you're still left with the question: how did he go from a 50 OVR who got cut to an 88 OVR who's starting for a Super Bowl team without performing on the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 AM   #86
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Hey guys let's please not get out of hand, I really like this thread and don't want it to be closed. I like how everyone has different views, it's a positive thing.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:39 AM   #87
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
That's good. He shouldn't. But that's out of keeping with the philosphy of PBP. In any case, you're still left with the question: how did he go from a 50 OVR who got cut to an 88 OVR who's starting for a Super Bowl team without performing on the field?
You're right, that question remains with any progression system. They would probably have to implement a practice squad or something for special players like him. lol
Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 AM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
sweet so my favorite team's rookie gets screwed in every franchise i play because Donny Moore thinks little of him...sweet, sounds like a swell game..no matter what i do, i cant change it

and you, Donny, nor I have any clue who the next Elway is..it could easily be some kid at the bottom of a depth chart w/ an F potential rating ..kind of like...Brady!!

you're being naive if you think Donny has a clue
It doesn't matter who the "real" next Elway is. For the umpteenth time: when you start a franchise, you are divorcing yourself entirely from the real NFL. Of course, your players aren't going to match up to real life. Heck, after a couple of seasons, a lot of your players won't even exist in the real world.

I do agree that potential should be editable however. Just like throwing power and catching. It's just another rating.

But an F potential can't be the next Elway. Why? Because Elway himself was an A potential.

Look, of course they aren't going to get the potential ratings right. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be there.

Last edited by jip4; 09-04-2009 at 05:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »