Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
So what if they aren't explicitly in the game? Have non-PBP progression, with behind-the-scenes practices, film room sessions, workouts, etc. as the rationale behind it.

i dont know about you but id rather my player get higher ratings from output on the field more than some box that comes up and says "Joe rookie took 17 notes during film sessions and is really learning the playbook so +5 throwing accuracy for him"

have rookies riding the pine gain AWR and subtle increases to their other attributes..but the big ones should come from playing time and performance
Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Not good enough.
If it is not good enough then please constructively come up with something else that would incorporate into the game.

You could have said, "Maybe have that 1/1000 player randomly get better potential so he becomes the next Brady" Even though that is not sim at least it is an idea. Just read my previous posts and you will see exactly what I mean.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:43 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
: when you start a franchise, you are divorcing yourself entirely from the real NFL. .
you lost me

Quote:
: But an F potential can't be the next Elway. Why? Because Elway himself was an A potential..
ok then..Brady..or whoever!!! its not the point

Last edited by tooldude79; 09-04-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #92
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
i dont know about you but id rather my player get higher ratings from output on the field more than some box that comes up and says "Joe rookie took 17 notes during film sessions and is really learning the playbook so +5 throwing accuracy for him"

have rookies riding the pine gain AWR and subtle increases to their other attributes..but the big ones should come from playing time and performance
How about a HC type progression? Where the Head Coach had the skill set and players grew points every week they played. The points were like an experience system where you needed to get 2000 points to grow one point total.

This simulates the players getting playing time and it gives a realistic point of view where and why your players are progressing. That is just a simple way to do it

To make it more complex add mentors into it. Vet players would have value then. Make it like 2K5 where you could train your players all week long before each game and they slowly would gain some points from that.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
You're right, that question remains with any progression system. They would probably have to implement a practice squad or something for special players like him. lol
Not really, though. I explained how it would work in a non-PBP system. Observe:

Rookie season: 50 OVR, A POT
+2
2nd season: 52 OVR
+4
3rd season:56 OVR
+20
4th season: 76 OVR
+16
5th season: 92 OVR
and so on...

You could designate certain players "late bloomers," meaning they progress very fast, but not right away. The important thing is that his progression is entirely unrelated to the stats he puts up.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #94
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I think one of my main points is... when Ronnie Brown has a great couple of weeks in real life they update his rating in Madden. I just want that in my Franchise without having to start a new one because I need the new roster update.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
you lost me

ok then..Brady..or whoever!!! its not the point
Brady, too, has an A potential. Elite players have elite ratings, and potential is just another rating. That is the point.

As for the "divorcing yourself from the real NFL" thing, go back and read page 1 of this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I think one of my main points is... when Ronnie Brown has a great couple of weeks in real life they update his rating in Madden. I just want that in my Franchise without having to start a new one because I need the new roster update.
But Ronnie Brown really was that good all along. He didn't actually progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »