Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #105
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Sounds like they should make a non-PBP system and then give the players the ability to edit the ratings of players during the franchise(including potential)

I will be honest, I am dieing for them to bring over the head coach 09 material they had. If you think franchise mode is good now, just look into HC and you will almost cry with how shallow franchise really is.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:55 AM   #106
Pro
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If it is not good enough then please constructively come up with something else that would incorporate into the game.

You could have said, "Maybe have that 1/1000 player randomly get better potential so he becomes the next Brady" Even though that is not sim at least it is an idea. Just read my previous posts and you will see exactly what I mean.
I did and have.

I dont want the game to have a set amount of players become good ... what I dont like is that the potential rating given to each player based on what??? Their real life performances/scouts reports etc should not then limit them in a Madden Franchise.

If players are given their potential by their 'IRL' performances... then in Madden their performances on the virtual football field become their 'IRL' performances and thus the players should progress accordingly.

Because 'Mickey Mouse' sold me the game with a roster that said 'Player A' is rated as an F potential, but Player B is a A potential.

A simple example; Player B starts for you as the running back in your franchise. He does OK but nothing spectacular and say he gets 400 yds and 1 TD in 8 games before getting hurt for the rest of the season.

You have no choice, Player A has to start instead of your highly rated player B.... however Player A does well, really well... he puts up 1000 yards in 8 games and runs in 8 TDs.....

1 - Who deserves to progress more? Obviously the F rated player
2 - Should the F instantly become better than the A rated player? No, progression should take into account multiple seasons - but the F rated player should progress more that season.

If that scenario repeated itself ad naseum... then eventually id want my F rated player to be rated better than the A rated.

Flipside to that view is the F rated player has 1 good year and then troughs and never attains that again... regression....

Boom and Bust situation - based on in game performance, NOT one mans view.
__________________
OS Baseball Dynasty ::
Toronto Blue Jays - Going Deep!
roolz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #107
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I am sorry but I am wanting so badly to scream at you lol

We have already said that when you start a franchise in madden...it is A FANTASY WORLD! Just because they change your favorite player because he finally worked out enough, listened to his coach, practiced hard enough, and had the potential all along to become great...Doesnt mean anything in your current franchise because it is a fantasy world. If you want to updated stuff then I am sorry but the only way to do it is to start over.
Haha dude, I know we disagree. All I am saying is that I THINK, IN MY OPINION, that Madden 06 had a perfect progression system and I would love to see it in future Madden games. I know you don't agree, I totally respect that. In fact, I basically agree with you guys, but I don't think it's fair to say some players in my franchise can't become elite because of a pre-determined potential rating. That's all I'm saying and I know you disagree.
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #108
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Every player had a ceiling but it was not their overall that was their ceiling. Instead each rating had its own ceiling. EX...Woodson(QB) would max out at 96 throw power, 94 throw accuracy and 90 awareness. He could grow to be extremely smart faster or he could develop a better arm faster depending on how good the coach was.
i think they should have a ceiling on speed, THP, THA,etc. those kind of attributes..but not so much AWR...anyway, i wish they wouldve put more HC09(from what ive heard of it) in M10..what the heck am i still doing awake? i got work in 3 hours

cool brainstorming w/ yall
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #109
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
what was Brady's potential(assuming they had one) in Madden 02 or whatever the year he took over for the injured Bledsoe?..probably an F

TBH, you lost me because it doesnt make sense to "divorce " myself from the NFL in an NFL video game
Did you read the post? I'll repost the key part:

Once you start playing a franchise, that is when the fantasy world starts. EA then basically turns into an omniscient being with the premade drafts. They know all of the Tom Bradys and Ryan Leafs before the drafts even happen. That is why they can give potential grades to these players. If this was not the case then every single rookie could turn into an overall 99 and that completely unbalances the game and is completely unreal.

Your right, they're not going to get everything right. But it's unreasonable for you to expect them to. In any case, PBP doesn' make the Brady situation any better. Brady as a rookie, would have ~58 OVR and F potential. He would never see the field.
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #110
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
but I don't think it's fair to say some players in my franchise can't become elite because of a pre-determined potential rating. That's all I'm saying and I know you disagree.
it's not fair to the consumer either, IMO..my thoughts exactly..night
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #111
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Haha dude, I know we disagree. All I am saying is that I THINK, IN MY OPINION, that Madden 06 had a perfect progression system and I would love to see it in future Madden games. I know you don't agree, I totally respect that. In fact, I basically agree with you guys, but I don't think it's fair to say some players in my franchise can't become elite because of a pre-determined potential rating. That's all I'm saying and I know you disagree.
How nice would it be if they had a little button at the start of franchise mode that would enable or unenable potential rating and allow players to grow without PBP in a HC manner of some kind?

It would be a win-win. They could please everyone.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #112
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
I'm sorry, it isn't. I thought I explained it pretty well, I'm not sure I understand where you disagree.

Re-evaluation =/= progression, right?
Haha bear with me... yes and no. See the problem is I kind of agree with you, everything you say makes sense. But I just want players to be able to progress in my franchise like they were being re-evaluated... just without having to restart my franchise. That's the happy medium that I would like to see.
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Top -