Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #121
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
1. Why not? How is that any different than saying their real life arm strength, speed, etc. shouldn't limit them in a Madden Franchise?

2. You don't "deserve" to progress. Progression/ratings are not rewards.

3. How did the worse player perform better than the better one?

4. If your F rated player performs better than your A rated player, who cares what there ratings are. Just play your F rated player. Why do you need the ratings to reflect the production?
Get rid of ratings then - if ratings do not mean anything, why are they there? Why do you want your A rated players to progress? They already have an A, so they must be good enough so lets get rid of progression all together..... dosent fit into your 4 walls and a ceiling logic really does it?

Progression should be a reward NOT a preset logic that gives players a set path to success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #122
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
But that's not a happy medium. That's PBP.
Totally my bad, I did not mean it to seem like it was a happy medium between your opinion and mine. I meant it is the happy medium between me having PBP without having to restart my franchise every time a patch comes out. I should have clarified more.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Answer #4. "I want my player to have the best overall in the entire game because I put up numbers with him"...?
i just think its kind of silly to be in my 7th season in franchise, playing w/ a 7 time probowler on my team, and he only has a 67 ovrall rating...but if this was Madden 2017 hed have a 98 overall
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I think the point is that there should be no letters or numbers that determine potential. But like I said before, I basically agree with you but it just leaves me with the huge hole that it's pre-determined that Patrick Turner can't be great.
Don't you see that as too egalitarian, though. I mean, certainly I don't have the same potential as Adrian Peterson, right?

And yes it is a problem that say Patrick Turner can't be great. It is not, however, a problem that certain players can't be great. At this point it's impossible to know if Turner will be great, but the alternative is that every player has an equal chance at being great. Making educated guesses as to potential is the lesser of two evils.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
i just think its kind of silly to be in my 7th season in franchise, playing w/ a 7 time probowler on my team, and he only has a 67 ovrall rating...but if this was Madden 2017 hed have a 98 overall
So get a new player. He'll be better. Why are you starting a 67, anyway?

Last edited by jip4; 09-04-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
If he was able to put up great numbers already then why would he need an increase. Theoretically speaking if you made him a 98 overall then he would go from catching 100 passes 15 TDs to catching 150 passes and 30 TDs because he is finally an elite player.

Just because he gets to play against bad pass defenses or has a good QB does not make him a good WR.

EDIT
Sorry for the bad reference I thought I read WR in there but you get the picture right?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #127
Rookie

One problem that I haven't mentioned is that PBP presents MAJOR balancing issues. It's easy for you to take your 7th round pick and structure your offense so he has a 99 after 5 or 6 seasons. The CPU has no such luxury.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #128
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Don't you see that as too egalitarian, though. I mean, certainly I don't have the same potential as Adrian Peterson, right?

And yes it is a problem that say Patrick Turner can't be great. It is not, however, a problem that certain players can't be great. At this point it's impossible to know if Turner will be great, but the alternative is that every player has an equal chance at being great. Making educated guesses as to potential is the lesser of two evils.
That's what I mainly disagree with, which is why I started the thread. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »