Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #129
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
One problem that I haven't mentioned is that PBP presents MAJOR balancing issues. It's easy for you to take your 7th round pick and structure your offense so he has a 99 after 5 or 6 seasons. The CPU has no such luxury.
then your 1st-6th rounders wont progress as much!! nor your existing players
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #130
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
One problem that I haven't mentioned is that PBP presents MAJOR balancing issues. It's easy for you to take your 7th round pick and structure your offense so he has a 99 after 5 or 6 seasons. The CPU has no such luxury.
Your other players won't progress as much though if you spend most of your offense focusing on him.
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #131
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Your other players won't progress as much though if you spend most of your offense focusing on him.
Not necessarily. And why would I care anyway? If I had the choice, I'd want my 7th rounder to be the stud: he's the guy I'm paying the least.
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #132
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Your other players won't progress as much though if you spend most of your offense focusing on him.
What he means is, if he drafts an A potential player and uses him even though he is a worse overall until he becomes a better player then he is cheating the system because the CPU can not do this because it does not take potential into considering starters.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #133
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
So get a new player. He'll be better. Why are you starting a 67, anyway?
because i try to play an exact replica of the rosters my team plays with and try my best to keep it that way..only adding w/ draft picks..you know..like..sim
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #134
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

In any case, do you think that's really a sim decision to have to make? Do you really think NFL coaches sit up in their offices thinking "Hmm, who should I turn into a superstar, Adrian Peterson, or Joe Seventh-Round-Pick?"
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #135
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
What he means is, if he drafts an A potential player and uses him even though he is a worse overall until he becomes a better player then he is cheating the system because the CPU can not do this because it does not take potential into considering starters.
The whole point of Madden 06 progression was that there was no pre-determined potential.
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #136
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
because i try to play an exact replica of the rosters my team plays with and try my best to keep it that way..only adding w/ draft picks..you know..like..sim
That's not sim. Playing your best players is sim. Employing strategies that make your team the best it can be is sim.
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Top -