Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #201
Pro
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Can I be your agent when you become the next Tom Brady or Manning? By your logic then you can keep improving your skills no matter what and you will become a HOF....Wait...If that was true then why are there less then 6 billion people in the HOF itself...? When in fact there are less then 300 people because they are the only players who had the potential to become great and busted butt before games in practice to produce the stats they did.

People have a max potential to how good they can become otherwise everyone could become a HOF if they tried hard enough and if you cant realize that then I dont know what to say.
Yet again you blabber on about real life?

Dont you read anything, or are you too far up jips arse to actually take on someones else point?

Read the post again, understand it - then respond... simple.
__________________
OS Baseball Dynasty ::
Toronto Blue Jays - Going Deep!
roolz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #202
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Yet again you blabber on about real life?

Dont you read anything, or are you too far up jips arse to actually take on someones else point?

Read the post again, understand it - then respond... simple.
Cute

I responded to your thought process about real life players not having a ceiling and then you go off like that.

Madden is an NFL simulation. Simulation is defined as...

Simulation is the imitation of some real thing, state of affairs, or process. The act of simulating something generally entails representing certain key characteristics or behaviors of a selected physical or abstract system.

We have flight simulations, combat simulations, ect ect that reflect exactly what happens IRL. Madden is not an exception if it wants to be known as an NFL simulation then it needs to step up to the plate. Otherwise, it will just be a video game of magical players in the NFL growing out of no where. Currently, madden claims it is an NFL simulation but obviously it is not. They need to get their stuff straight about how they want to represent their product.

Now, read and respond in a civil manner instead of acting like a child....simple right?
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #203
All Star
 
reyes the roof's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Its like not letting you complete Call of Duty 4 because in real life, 1 person cant take out a whole army of terrorists....
Call of Duty doesn't advertise that everything we see during a real war, we will see in the game
reyes the roof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #204
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by red butler
Why would you ever want speed to go up +6 ? Most players are as fast as they are ever going to be right after college. If anything their speed should go down.
No, speed would only go up if you improved by like 6 points overall.

If you went from a 60 to a 66 your speed would go from 84 to 85.

Most guys could only improve by 2 speed over their lifetime, but for some reason MLB's could turn into track stars over time. I think EA did that to compensate for poor Awareness logic.
Faizon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #205
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, England
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Roolz - you ask where's the fun in drafting an A rated player?

Well that's why many of us like playing franchise - we look at combine results we scout possible players and we try and uncover the next Terrell Davis or Karl Mecklenberg in the latter rounds etc. That is fun.

Now could that process be better in the current version of Madden? Of course. And it's a real shame training camp modules have been dropped that allow Madden players to increase stats over time. That is fun also.

But your fundamental premise is deeply flawed. You want to improve your players by throwing them the ball all the time. And by hitting the spin button at the right moment etc. This is utterly bogus.

Just out of curiosity - and this goes out to Team Builder too - under your proposed performance based progression system how do you intend to increase the skills of each of your offensive linemen?
British Bronco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #206
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

To add onto this, how would a player like James Harrison be able to grow like he did IRL? His first 3 seasons were barely enough to consider him a backup. By the time he started to develop his skills and produce he was already 30 years old. In your system he would have never developed into anything at all because he did not produce and he was not young when he finally did produce.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #207
Rookie
 
Madden Head's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
One final point: players in Madden don't need to "prove how good they are." We know how good they are. It's right next to their name. Now I do think that OVR should be hidden, which would bring 'proving one's self' into play (as a player gets more PT, his OVR would not change, but it would be revealed).
That's it. That's the way it should be, like real life. Potential and overall should be letter grades. Always. We can argue how good Brady and Manning are, but in Madden they Have Manning rated higher than Brady, so he is better. I disagree. Brady will or will not prove this this year after his injury. With Letter grades EA can hide the overal rating and just give both an A grade. I really like the idea that that letter grade is a 10 point range [though I don't know if that is 100% true]:

A: 90-99
B: 80-89
C: 70-79
D: 60-69
F: 59 and below

If you are 59 or below, you are a bad player. If you are 38OVR you are worse than a 59OVR and a good deal worse, but it doesn't really matter because if the 59OVR player progresses he will move up to a D player but the 38 will progress 6 points and still be an F until they pass 59OVR. Some may get made that their 38OVR player progressed for 3 years [6 points each, 6x3=18+38=56] and still an F player, but that is because he has improved into a player that isn't god aweful, but a 56 is still bad. I still like the idea of having the number ratings of skills.

SIDE NOTE: Josh looman should write menus/logic/windows/what ever that sort position by relevant stats first and then irrelevant stats next. For example:

QB: THP, SAC, MAC, DAC, Play action, throw on the run, awareness, speed, acceleration, agility, strength, injury, thoughness, stamina, other stuff that isn't QB related.

Then if you go to A defensive linemen it should look like this:

DT: Strength, Speed, Acceleration, Agility, Hit Power, Block Shedding, Power move, Fineese Move, Tackle, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Man coverage, Zone coverage, Injury, Toughness, Stamina, other ratings.

I think you get the idea. Other ratings do matter, but mostly are irrelevant for most plays for that position. A DT run blocking strength and run blocking footwork should be important for an interception return or fumble recovery where he has to now block down field, but that hardly comes into play and doesn't alter my impression on if I should sign him or not, or start him or not. I should have to scroll for days to find the relevenat information. However that irrelevant information should be hidden as I may look at it and think, maybe he would be better at DE or OLB or even MLB [see Teddy Bruschi].
__________________
[...] but what do I know? I'm just another Madden Head.
Madden Head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #208
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
also should work when you sign a Free Agent QB during the year. Say Jake Delhomme gets injured and he is out for 5 weeks, you go to sign Tim Rattay. Rattay should degress for a week, until he learns the system then let his attributes go back to where they were. You sign Rattay and he only practices for a week, he should be limited in knowledge.
I think this is somewhere where play learning could really help the game.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Top -