Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #233
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Stat padding should not result in progression.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #234
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Exactly. When your 60 ovr WR catches 60 balls in Madden, he is playing at that exact rating, he is not outperforming his rating.

If a low rated WR player holds all the NFL receiving records, you should take a look at the game play engine, not the progression system.
No you should just take a look at the difficulty level you are playing on. If you have a low rated WR setting records it's probably too easy for you. But for some people they like their franchise like that and they would want that receiver to progress. There is nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
the better you are on gameday, the better you continue to become.
Cause and effect....you still have it the wrong way around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 2

Someone had a great post earlier, when he said that we should have the option on the potential thing. Forgive my not quoting that post.

I think it comes down to what you want you consider the player valuation factors:

(1) potential
(2) performance
(3) coaching
(4) training
(5) athletic attributes
(6) mental attributes
(7) football attributes

I think athletic attributes are stuff like speed, strength, and throwing power. (these rarely, if ever, improve ... I think most agree here.)
I think football attributes are stuff like ball carry, run blocking, and deep pass accuracy. (these improve with the players hard work and dedication)
I think mental attributes are stuff like awareness and learning plays/routes, that is only developed over time, and enhanced by game playing (though some can have higher initial values than others ... i think this addresses factors like players going the wrong way on assignments ... you do see it in the NFL, which results in blown plays, the truth of the matter is, most players don't get to play that much if they're blowing plays/assignments .. unless they're all the team has)

I like the observation that a person becomes good BEFORE they have good performances.

That is true.

Unfortunately, the game currently does not allow for off-field action like training and practicing, that a player needs to develop themselves to their maximum potential (This is available in the "Superstar" mode, I guess, but not in the general versions of the game) ...but to really account for the off-the-field dynamics, you'd need the equivalent of superstar mode for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on your team ... and in that case, there might be more than a few people clamoring for some way to SIM a lot of these additional features in their franchise mode (though some might LOVE IT) ... I like the idea of an option. And, I confess, I have no idea of how hard this might be to program in, but it would seem like an extension of the superstar mode that is already developed. But, in my experience, tying in things is sometimes difficult.

At any rate, I think that performance should be a FACTOR in progression, but I do not think that it should be the overall deciding factor. I think that low potential players have an opportunity to become decent (BUT NOT GREAT), if you put a lot of work into them. Unfortunately, this game does not currently allow for the type of off-the-field work required. I mean to say, just having a good game in week 5 (progression week of older maddens) shouldn't bump you up, LOL.

Oh well, I am possibly ranting.

Last edited by instant000; 09-05-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #237
MVP

OVR: 26

@roolz

Some of the games I did list were kind of bad examples of the point I was saying. I do not view madden as a pure simulation like a flight simulator but by definition it is trying to be a simulation because it is an imitation of the real thing, state of affairs, and processes(The NFL). I guess we will just agree to disagree to what it means for a game to be a simulation.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-05-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #238
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
@roolz

Some of the games I did list were kind of bad examples of the point I was saying. I do not view madden as a pure simulation like a flight simulator but by definition it is trying to be a simulation because it is an imitation of the real thing, state of affairs, and processes(The NFL). I guess we will just agree to disagree to what it means for a game to be a simulation.
Haha those 3 words pretty much sum up most of people's opinions on progression.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #239
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Ohh and I should not have used the Tom Brady example in my second post... I forgot he had the videotapes of other defenses helping him with his progression...
Old 09-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #240
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Haha those 3 words pretty much sum up most of people's opinions on progression.
Would you be willing to compromise on a system that is like the one listed above except with the ability to change each players potential in each of his ratings before and after franchise starts?

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-05-2009 at 02:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »