Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #241
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

I want my franchise to be a FANTASY world. I want to take Colt Brennan and if I play him right and do well with him, it turn out he has superstar potential.

I dont want to rely on EA re-evaluating players because most will never see proper playing time this year. They will be backups and could only get in due to injury. EA does not have a crystal ball. Many players who never get the opportunity to shine - I can make them shine in my franchise. Maybe EA will get the player right 3 years from now, but I want the opportunity to make it happen now.

This only affects franchise, and that should be fantasy. It doesnt affect any realism of normal games. Just an individuals franchise.

I cant see the perspicacity of arguing for caps on players - it limits the fun AND realism. Piere Thomas started in the 70's last year and kept getting re-evaluated and his ratings increased dramatically. But EA never would have known if Bush didnt get hurt.

EA will never get it realistically, so at least let us individually in our own franchises make players into superstars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 2

But without the potential the CPU simed teams would never progress. after 10-15 seasons the highest QB on a CPU team would be in teh 80's because they were the 1st pick in the previous draft. Their OVL progression was based of stats but theirs stats would stink cause they were not top players
Old 09-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonas82
But without the potential the CPU simed teams would never progress. after 10-15 seasons the highest QB on a CPU team would be in teh 80's because they were the 1st pick in the previous draft. Their OVL progression was based of stats but theirs stats would stink cause they were not top players
uhhh, do you see the simmed stats the cpu puts up.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #244
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Would you be willing to compromise on a system that is like the one listed above except with the ability to change each players potential in each of his ratings before and after franchise starts?
I'm not sure which post you are referring to exactly, but I wouldn't mind pre-determined potentials as long as they could change depending on a player's performance. It's just way too set in stone and like trying to predict the future.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #245
MVP

OVR: 20

Teambuilder has it dead on. I agree madden 06's progression was perfect pre determined potential sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #246
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I'm not sure which post you are referring to exactly, but I wouldn't mind pre-determined potentials as long as they could change depending on a player's performance. It's just way too set in stone and like trying to predict the future.
The lengthy post about simulation and then I brought up using a HC 09 like system but more evolved. It requires to have a set potential but if you were allowed to edit a player's potential during and before the franchise started would that be a good compromise to you?

If you were to not have it then every player would eventually reach 99 in all his stats. By allowing you the player to edit his ratings because you want to for whatever reason, would that be good enough?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #247
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
The lengthy post about simulation and then I brought up using a HC 09 like system but more evolved. It requires to have a set potential but if you were allowed to edit a player's potential during and before the franchise started would that be a good compromise to you?

If you were to not have it then every player would eventually reach 99 in all his stats. By allowing you the player to edit his ratings because you want to for whatever reason, would that be good enough?
I think the ultimate compromise would be having having the option to also have progression like they did in Madden 06. And I'm not sure what you mean by saying every player would reach 99 in all his stats because that never even came close to happening in Madden 06. Did you ever play it? The only thing that would really progress a lot was awareness if your team did well in the playoffs/super bowl, and if your player was young and playing well his other stats would increase to.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #248
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If players progress for putting up good stats, then that means players would regress for not putting up good stats and the bad teams will stay bad, otherwise the league would be full of stars. If you want to take a low rated player and make him into a star, do some scouting and find a guy you can develop

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »