Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #289
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

I would love to see progression go back to the way it was in 06. Madden 06 was the last Madden I had fun playing.

Next gen has been a disaster for football games. Everyone wants to know why next gen developers tried to change it up so much.

The training games that they had on the next gen version of Madden all those years were extremely awful.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #290
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Only problem with 2006 is that CB's never progressed. In actuality, most regressed. After 5 years or so in franchise, you'd have every QB in the league over 90, every lineman in the 90's, every DE and DT in the 90's, and CB's in the 70's and 80's OVR. Madden pass-fest ensued.

I thought 2007 fixed many of the issues. 2009, the last one I have for the PS2, was near perfect. Punt returns were still impossible, but the rest of the game is sweet. It's in the basement, and the 360 is in the living room, so while my wife and kids are in the living room, sometimes, I'll still go downstairs and rip through a Chiefs franchise game on Madden 2009 PS2. Still a heckuva fun game.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #291
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I guess that's where we disagree. I totally see what you're saying but I think that ratings and performance feed off of each other. Instead of only ratings = performance I think performance shouldn't necessarily equal ratings, but it should have an effect on them. I agree that if you have a 1,500 yard 15 touchdown season with a 65 OVR running back something is wrong with the difficulty. But I think that person should raise the difficulty level if they want progression to be real. On the other hand, that could be how the person chooses to play his game so why not let him play it that way? You and I can just raise the difficulty level so the running back can progress a little if he performs a little better than his rating indicates.
I haven't read every page on this topic so this may have been discussed to death. But what I remember from Madden 06 ('04, '05 too) is that after about 4 seasons of playing the games, my whole team, including backups, was over 90 OVERALL. That is NOT sim!! And it made me not want to play multi-seasons, knowing the inevitable team of superstars one would build.

And what about the stretched ratings? You couldn't have that if you played the games because your team would be dominating over others.

Why do you prefer this to the way it is now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #292
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
I haven't read every page on this topic so this may have been discussed to death. But what I remember from Madden 06 ('04, '05 too) is that after about 4 seasons of playing the games, my whole team, including backups, was over 90 OVERALL. That is NOT sim!! And it made me not want to play multi-seasons, knowing the inevitable team of superstars one would build.

Yep, that killed me. I had a franchise with the Colts on Madden 07 I believe, and I drafted Marc Sanchez in imported to be backup. His overall was 99 by the end of the season, and he NEVER played in the regular season.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #293
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
I would love to see progression go back to the way it was in 06. Madden 06 was the last Madden I had fun playing.

Next gen has been a disaster for football games. Everyone wants to know why next gen developers tried to change it up so much.

The training games that they had on the next gen version of Madden all those years were extremely awful.
Agreed, some were really annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »