Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Another example to think about: teams will often draft a highly touted QB, then have him hold a clipboard for a year. Under a performance-based-potential scenario, this real-life, highly sim strategy becomes unworkable: you're paying big money to watch a kid regress, or at least not progress. And even worse, in real life throwing the kid in there before he's ready can be detrimental to his progression. Under PBP, it's the only way to make him progress.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Jake Delhomme is very underrated, easily top-5 Quarterback in the NFL.
I like Jake, but come on now. Half his yards come from smoke passes to Smith. The other half come from go-get-it balls to Smith. Plus he's got the best running game in the NFL to take pressure off. And he still throws a ton of picks, and single-handedly lost the playoff game last year.

I'm not sure I got your stance on PBP, though?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
Another example to think about: teams will often draft a highly touted QB, then have him hold a clipboard for a year. Under a performance-based-potential scenario, this real-life, highly sim strategy becomes unworkable: you're paying big money to watch a kid regress, or at least not progress. And even worse, in real life throwing the kid in there before he's ready can be detrimental to his progression. Under PBP, it's the only way to make him progress.
also should work when you sign a Free Agent QB during the year. Say Jake Delhomme gets injured and he is out for 5 weeks, you go to sign Tim Rattay. Rattay should degress for a week, until he learns the system then let his attributes go back to where they were. You sign Rattay and he only practices for a week, he should be limited in knowledge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #36
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I am telling you, that when you start a franchise, it is a fantasy world. If the world IRL thinks that X player is only going to produce with a C potential then EA has to make his potential a C until he proves otherwise IRL. Just because you put him in a situation where he can produce numbers that seem high for his overall doesnt mean he is any better IRL or in the game.

There is no way to make Bradys with this years rookies under this system unless there is a roster update. But it is the closest representation to what happens in the real world and that is why it is best.
And that is where we disagree. That is why I think they should use the progression from Madden 06. John Navarre didn't all of the sudden shoot up +10 in ratings, if I had an above average few games he would progress two points in throwing accuracy. I won the Super Bowl with him so he got a +5 awareness rating. That way there he could still improve and there wasn't a pre-set number saying he can only be so good.

And I know, I know, ratings shouldn't be determined by numbers and it should be the other way around, but I think for a video game in terms of dealing with potential and production, it's the best method... IN MY OPINION.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:57 AM   #37
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Actually in Madden 06 young players would progress naturally (due to youth) until I think it was they hit age 25.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
obviously you'd up his AWR even if said QB doesnt see the field because one would assume he'd be learning the game as he held the clipboard

if he's not ready to play and youre scared to throw him in there..dont ...just like real life..(M10 ratings aside) Harrington's rating is probably lower than it was as a rookie because he was thrown into the fire and showed his worth
Old 09-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
And that is where we disagree. That is why I think they should use the progression from Madden 06. John Navarre didn't all of the sudden shoot up +10 in ratings, if I had an above average few games he would progress two points in throwing accuracy. I won the Super Bowl with him so he got a +5 awareness rating. That way there he could still improve and there wasn't a pre-set number saying he can only be so good.

And I know, I know, ratings shouldn't be determined by numbers and it should be the other way around, but I think for a video game in terms of dealing with potential and production, it's the best method... IN MY OPINION.
But its really not. I mean, think about Tom Brady. Did he get better by having a good couple of games and winning the Super Bowl? No, he really was that good all along. He was a "gem," a late round draft pick who was much better than everyone thought. And there are "gems" in Madden 10, so there's the chance to have guys like Tom Brady (they may not be the "right" guys, but that's where the difference between RL and Franchise mode comes in). But these gems aren't "made," they just are who they are.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #40
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Actually in Madden 06 young players would progress naturally (due to youth) until I think it was they hit age 25.
I know I'm quoting myself but I should clarify... it wasn't a huge progression, something minor like +3 max.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »