Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
And that is where we disagree. That is why I think they should use the progression from Madden 06. John Navarre didn't all of the sudden shoot up +10 in ratings, if I had an above average few games he would progress two points in throwing accuracy. I won the Super Bowl with him so he got a +5 awareness rating. That way there he could still improve and there wasn't a pre-set number saying he can only be so good.

And I know, I know, ratings shouldn't be determined by numbers and it should be the other way around, but I think for a video game in terms of dealing with potential and production, it's the best method... IN MY OPINION.
So you would want me to be able to take every single player on my roster and turn them into 99 overalls...Just because I can put up good numbers with them. That is exactly what you are setting up by using that system. My question is this...What is worse, having a league where only one year of rookies get slightly shafted or have several players progress into 99 overalls just because they produced?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #42
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
But its really not. I mean, think about Tom Brady. Did he get better by having a good couple of games and winning the Super Bowl? No, he really was that good all along. He was a "gem," a late round draft pick who was much better than everyone thought. And there are "gems" in Madden 10, so there's the chance to have guys like Tom Brady (they may not be the "right" guys, but that's where the difference between RL and Franchise mode comes in). But these gems aren't "made," they just are who they are.
Yea but I don't think Brady has been a 98 OVR his entire career, I think he progressed and got better the more he played, and played well.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:04 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
obviously you'd up his AWR even if said QB doesnt see the field because one would assume he'd be learning the game as he held the clipboard

if he's not ready to play and youre scared to throw him in there..dont ...just like real life..(M10 ratings aside) Harrington's rating is probably lower than it was as a rookie because he was thrown into the fire and showed his worth

This phrase has no meaning in the context of the video game. You know exactly how much he's worth. If you have an 80 OVR QB, well, that's "his worth." He's not going to "show" you anything by going out there.

This phrase has no meaning in the context of real life. Players don't have a rating that we can look at and say "Oh, that's how good he is." Harrington always sucked, we just didn't know it yet.

And if I draft an 80 OVR QB and am paying him $20 million, I better put him in there (regardless of if he's ready or not). Otherwise, he'll just stay an 80 OVR QB, and I'll have lost out on a potential franchise QB, plus I'll be waaaay overpaying for an 80 OVR QB.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:04 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Yea but I don't think Brady has been a 98 OVR his entire career, I think he progressed and got better the more he played, and played well.
You dont magically increase your potential. Your potential is your max ability that you will ever be able to achieve. That is why we dont see average joes making it in the NFL just because they worked extra hard or they put up good numbers. They just did not have the talent to play. Just another reason why a potential rating makes sense.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
So you would want me to be able to take every single player on my roster and turn them into 99 overalls...Just because I can put up good numbers with them. That is exactly what you are setting up by using that system?
why dont you play on higher difficulty then? or..why dont the devs set up a solid simulation difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #46
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
So you would want me to be able to take every single player on my roster and turn them into 99 overalls...Just because I can put up good numbers with them. That is exactly what you are setting up by using that system. My question is this...What is worse, having a league where only one year of rookies get slightly shafted or have several players progress into 99 overalls just because they produced?
I guess they could all be 99 OVR if your whole team started at age 20 and you played on rookie with CPU sliders at 0, and won every game 300-0. But did you ever play Madden 06 for old gen? Only the elite players would get to 99 OVR. Navarre ended up capping for me at 89 OVR because after 28 years old he wouldn't progress anymore (even when putting up awesome numbers). It was actually quite a beautiful system...once again IN MY OPINION.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
No doubt he got better, from practice and such. But he did not get 68->99 better. He got 94->99 better. And it was a result of practice/training, not producing on the field.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
I know I'm quoting myself but I should clarify... it wasn't a huge progression, something minor like +3 max.

I think some rookies that you draft should have random degressions (i.e. Ryan Leaf). He was expected to be a top rated QB, but proved to be a bus in the NFL. There should be a catch to drafting a #1 draft pick (Robert Gallery, Rashaun Woods, Tim Couch, etc). i think the degress should happen after the 1st year, and then in his 2nd year using the degression, it would be up to the player (you) to bring him to that 85 overall.

say I draft a guy... 1st round QB Rocky Balboa. He is a 78 overall.. i do good with him passing for 3,331 yards 21 touchdowns, 18 interceptions. He suddenly degresses to a 77 or stays the same the next year. "Sophmore slump" - now this is where the actual progression would take place. I would have to prove the CPU wrong that he is an elite QB, so i put up good numbers... getting 3,500 yards 25 touchdowns and 8 interceptions and then the attributes begin to rise.

just throwin some ideas into the pool lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »