Home

Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #57
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

By the way guys, I have to say, I love this. I know we disagree about this but I give you guys a lot of credit for being cool about it, I love debating like this.
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #58
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
I will say that tooldude is right in that you might be making it sound like the problem is that PBP will make the game too easy. That is not the problem. The problem is that PBP makes the game not-sim. It turns it into an RPG.

I know you know this, but I just wanted to make it explicit.
I did not mean to come off as the game would become to easy. I meant to say that there have been countless people that say things like this about the old system.

"I loved making all of my players 99 overalls"

"I hated the fact that all my back-ups turned out so great that 3-4 years into the franchise I was so stacked it was pointless to play"

"Why cant I build my team up to a bunch of 99s like before"(relating to M10 potential)

Now do you see what I mean?
Glorious Arc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #59
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Do you think Brady's WRs from the past should have kept on progressing because they put up good numbers? No, they shouldnt because they had an amazing QB. Do you think that Dante Q.(QB) should be rated amazing because he was able to toss the ball up to Moss all the time? No he shouldnt because Moss makes any QB get 10+ TDs. Do you think Derrick Anderson should have improved because he had that one great season? No he shouldnt because he barely hit any of his WRs, they all were making outstanding catches and big plays for him making up for his poor accuracy.

.
besides Moss and Welker..what Pats receivers had stellar numbers? Branch put up solid ones but EA rewarded him w/ a couple years of very high ratings.

Culpepper was a beast in like 05 Madden
and Anderson was rewarded w/ a pretty high rating in M 09..so again i guess i dont see your point..how is that different exactly?

each year's..hell, each week's, roster updates are PBP!!
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #60
Rookie
 
firktaf's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

I'm with jip4 and Glorious on all of this.

However, what I think Teambuilder's main point is but hasn't really come out and said it this way is that there should be more ambiguity involved with potential/progression. Right now, everything is set in stone from the moment a player comes into the league. I know that the QB I drafted in the 1st round that has a C potential will most likely not be my franchise QB...and I know immediately. And with that, I agree with him. It's one thing to know that my rookie WR has a catching rating of 80(which is a fact, it's not up for debate) but it's another thing to know that he'll be a stud in the future.

Imo, a relatively simple solution would be to just hide a player's potential rating for their first 2-3 years. This would create an illusion of a guy rising to the occasion...or failing to live up to the hype. It would still be the same system underneath that we have now but I think this could greatly enhance the experience. So, it wouldn't be possible for anyone to improve, but since you're experiencing it instead of just knowing it, it comes off more naturally.
__________________
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
firktaf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #61
MVP
 
TeamBuilder's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip4
Yes, they are. It's sim. You don't think there are players like this in the NFL? The average NFL career is 2-3 years. Most players wash right out. And it's not because they didn't take advantage of their opportunity, and if they had they'd be superstars. It's because they're just not good enough.
James Harrison got cut twice by the Steelers, then he kept working harder and learning the system better.
TeamBuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #62
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
make it so rookies have a harder time adjusting and ratings and AWR mean more..but dont let one guy in an EA office have all the say in determining the kids future in all the franchises you play w/ that young QB

his AWR will go up as he rides the pine..plenty young QBs sit out their entire rookie year..it happens every year in the NFL...think, Carson Palmer, Brady Quinn

and if you want to throw him in there and take your chances...good luck it wont be easy, youre taking a big risk..just like the NFL..is that hard?
1. You're fixing the symptoms, not the disease. And I don't care so much about AWR, or even OVR. I care about accuracy and power. I'll take care of the decision making.

2. But I'm taking a bigger risk not throwing him out there. If nothing else, I've lost a year of progression, just like that.
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #63
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
James Harrison got cut twice by the Steelers, then he kept working harder and learning the system better.
Doesn't that prove my point? On a PBP system, how would he have ever gotten any better?
jip4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #64
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I did not mean to come off as the game would become to easy. I meant to say that there have been countless people that say things like this about the old system.

"I loved making all of my players 99 overalls"

"I hated the fact that all my back-ups turned out so great that 3-4 years into the franchise I was so stacked it was pointless to play"

"Why cant I build my team up to a bunch of 99s like before"(relating to M10 potential)

Now do you see what I mean?
obviously they could tweak it..but dont put a ceiling on my guy when the the devs have no idea what he can be capable of...noone does, only time
tooldude79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.

Top -