Home

Official Madden Video Lowlights/Glitch Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden Video Lowlights/Glitch Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official Madden Video Lowlights/Glitch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
This is the problem with the Madden series and despite efforts by the new development team, it still seems they don't understand.

When there are problems with the AI in Madden, instead of making the AI smarter, they just pump up the ratings. All-Madden isn't a smarter player who makes fewer mistakes, it's just a bunch of pumped up ratings. Same goes for the bad DB AI the game had for years. All they did was speed up DBs, increase their jumping and catching ability, and give them a turbo boost to catch up to the ball. They didn't try to make them smarter and actually play their positions more life like. They just found ways to goof around with the ratings to give the appearance it had been fixed.

Same will be said for next year's problems. They won't fix the passes in the flat by making linebackers smarter or defenses adjust to plays. They'll just give the linebackers a speed boost to catch up.
I honestly, believe this to be true. But I think the problem with the flats always being wide open is because man align is broken. I will notice that sometimes my safety will be man up to the RB who is about 15 yards back and on the other side of the field.

One more thing, it seems that so far this year, the devs will implement something that is of good intentions or to fix something but then it leads to more problems. Their whole system is jacked up, this tells me that Madden this gen will never be a good game like 2k8 or even 2k5 in terms of gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 03:32 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 4

Figured I might as well summarize my low-lights here since this is the official place.

My example of runner morphing through the tackler going at him head on.

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight
Old 09-22-2009, 03:37 AM   #67
Banned

One example of computer-controlled blitzer in Madden 10 (at top of screen) deciding not to blitz after all and go take a look at the back side of his own lineman instead. This is Under Smoke six man blitz from the Quarters formation. I had the same exact thing happen with Zero Blitz, another six man blitz from the Dollar formation.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #68
Banned

Ryan goes back to pass. I jump to intercept and just miss the ball. As I attempt to tackle Roddy White, he breaks my tackle. Wow, I'm relieved that I left my safety back until WTF...

Where the hell is he going? Why is he running to the right side of the screen away from the receiver? To the sidelines to get some Gatorade? Whoops. Too late to recover and make the tackle. Touchdown Falcons. (All-Madden.)

I stopped playing after witnessing this. What's the point?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Missed blocks happen.... Deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY2pInMyR4
Old 09-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #70
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpstar
Missed blocks happen.... Deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY2pInMyR4
Come on now. That was a total gamble by Lewis. I'm sure the design of the play didn't factor a blitzing LB. You can't account for everything. The pulling linemen were headed toward their assignments, not randomly turning away from them.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 11

" More really bad blocking logic. Ian said they are looking into this."

Remember last night when the team went to dinner and you wouldn't pay? I'm stepping away instead of blocking for you, cheapskate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

I threw a TD pass to Crabtree and Seattle challenged. Unfortunately Madden doesn't tell you what they are challenging like in 2k so I was wondering if maybe the ball hit the ground. The call is reversed so I figure well crap I am out at the 20 yard line or so... nope. 1st and goal on the 1 yard line and I am clearly 5 yards deep when I caught it. This is something that needs to be fixed for sure!

Apex has posted about this many times and I have hated it since I saw in in the past Maddens. But really though!! How realistic is this??? This happens ALLLL the time! At least 3 times a game. Or more!! This animation needs to be taken out. Either go for the swat or go for the hit. You cannot do both... ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PLAYER IS MID AIR!!

I could not tag the guy down. I was on top of him and bumped off him while he was on the ground and the other defender next to me wasn't tagging him down. Luckily he was tackled as soon as he got up but he got a few extra yards out of it. Can you imagine if one of the players got blocked and he ran for a TD? This needs to be looked at and fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »