Home

Official Madden Gripe Thread #2

This is a discussion on Official Madden Gripe Thread #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Official Madden Gripe Thread #2

Not really a big gripe but I can't play Madden now. I miss the NCAA defensive camera! Defense just seems so boring without that player lock on D. Great addition by the NCAA crew!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:45 AM   #50
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

How about that the computer blitzes way too much and in situations that is shouldn't be? Or that the defensive play calling feels "random" with a high bias towards the blitz.

They sent 8, including 2 CBs on that play? really? Really, really? Like I said in the video, and I am a big fan of the sliders, no amount of slider changes will fix the poor computer play calling on D.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:23 AM   #51
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I hate the pre-snap defensive alignment. Certain blitzes are obvious to spot just by the alignment. When I get into a head to head chess match with another player online I want to be able to disguise my coverages/blitzes better............ It was great last gen you could completely freeze your defense pre-snap which disguised man/zone coverage. You could also choose man lock on/off which was another tool for the defense ......................................... Even if I call a corner blitz and I know that my safety is gonna line up over the WR and I have control of him when I break the huddle he still takes 2 steps towards the receiver before I can get control of him to attempt to disguise it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 AM   #52
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreaklgg
I "second" what the guy above me just wrote. It is too easy to get serious yardage on simple drag routes and even slants/short ins and flats. It's related to
A. Poor depth by zone defenders
B. Bad pursuit angles in man defense
I would like to add to that.....C. The D-line doesn't get their hands up enough to knock down passes that go right over their heads. If you actually had to have a throwing lane the short-middle routes would be less effective...This was something that NCAA 10 did very well IMO.
The code exists. Hopefully it can be part of a patch along with A and B.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
SHORT PASS DEFENSE = BROKEN

Formation
Shotgun/Spread
Play
X Follows
Throwing only to 1 yard drag route

Defense
Dime
Cover 2 Man
1) 18 yard gain
2) 16 yard gain
3) 22 yard gain
4) 15 yard gain
5) 16 yard gain
6) 18 yard gain
7) 15 yard gain
8) 20 yard gain
9) Incomplete
10) 15 yard gain

Dime
Cover 2 man Press
1) 6 yard gain
2) 20 yard gain
3) 15 yard gain
4) 19 yard gain
5) 16 yard gain
6) 20 yard gain
7) 18 yard gain
8) 5 yard gain
9) 13 yard gain
10) 19 yard gain

Dime
Cover 2 Zone
1) 4 yard gain
2) 7 yard gain
3) 7 yard gain
4) 5 yard gain
5) Drop
6) 6 yard gain
7) 10 yard gain
8) 5 yard gain
9) 8 yard gain
10) 5 yard gain

Dime
Cover 3 zone
1) 12 yard gain
2) Incomplete
3) 4 yard gain
4) 5 yard gain
5) 15 yard gain
6) 13 yard gain
7) 10 yard gain
8) 4 yard gain
9) 5 yard gain
10) Sack

Findings

I have tried this with the worst passing teams like the Vikings using Jackson versus the best defense like the Steelers. It is the same thing no matter what team it is. The zone deep is just flat out off. You can test this with just about any of the drag routes. No matter the team, no matter the defense. You can literally walk down the field getting no less than 4+ yards a throw. Plus it is such a very short throw, even the worst accuracy QB's still rarely miss the throw.

Terrible Terrible. I sure hope they are fixing this.

Post 2
I just tested my theory online. Here are the results.

**I am sorry whoever had to go through that**

Drew Brees
21/27 - 223 yards ALL ON DRAG ROUTES!!! In a 5min accelerated clock ranked match.

I marched downfield at will. Picking up 4+ yards per throw. I actually had a 8.2 Avg.

I watched the guy try EVERYTHING to figure out a way to stop it. deep down i knew he was not. He tried manually covering it, Zoning, man, blitzing, spies, NOTHING came close to stopping it.

This is a major flaw. I am starting to really see a HUGE issue with this. So huge, that online franchises might consider out lawing the drag route. But you can't do that because there is times where it should be thrown to. The draw back is you know it is a completion 97% of the time(literally 77% I threw it for).

Post 3
X Follows vs Velcro

1) 6 yards
2) 8 yards
First down
3) 4 yards
4) Incomplete
5) 5 yards
4 & 1
6) 12 yards
First down
7) 4 yards
8) 7 yards
First down
9) 4 yards
10) 6 yards
First down
11) 2 yards
12) 6 yards
13) 6 yards
First down
14) 7 yards
15) 5 yards
First down
16) 6 yards
17) 18 yards
First down
18) 10 yards
First down
19) 5 yards
20) 13yards
First down

Findings - I covered 134 yards in 20 plays. I could march down the field throwing ONLY the drag route.

I HARDLY think that is helping. I am labbing it right now and it is just as broken as any other defense. It is not the plays that are broken. It is the depth of the linebackers.

On top of that was is even worse about the Velcro is it only rushes 2 down lineman. So you have all day to not just hit the drag route but also you can picm the zone apart with the deeper cross route for money vs that play.
You know what else is sad. I thought man coverage was better this year but it's not. There are so many switch and motion glitches in this game just like previous years.

Secondly, I think all DL Zone hot routes should follow the pattern of some of the zone blitz plays where the DL actually steps up the field as if he is rushing and draws the offensive line man. To me it's just another way to solve the stupid psychic ability of the OL to block your overloads.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Three things make me cringe.

Flyovers in domed stadiums.
Alex Flanigan saying that I am "leading" 14-14.
Alex Flanigan's astute halftime observation being..."both teams have run nearly an equal amount of plays"

TO ME- that was the most glaring, jump out at you problem that there was major issues with this game. The other thing that lets you KNOW you are playing a bunch of crap is the scores around the league. They should always be 21-10, 24-17, etc. You start seeing 12-8 games when the league is being simulated you know that there was no QC on this steaming pile of rubbish
Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #55
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
This does not happen in all madden or with custom sliders. Sorry but it just does not.
oh, so of the millions of copies of madden that have been sold, we'll just assume that all of the people that bought it know about operationsports.com so they can be informed that, to be able to play a "good" football game, they'll have to play on all-madden and make sure the slider are adjusted perfectly. well, that's good, why have all the other difficulty options then?
That's a pretty sorry response for probably 2 of the most important aspects of football dont ya think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #56
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
coverage AI. still crap. Man to man is horrible, DB's dont react at all, they just run step for step with the receiver. zone defense is even worse, guys just stare at receivers who are wide open 4 feet in front of them
Ditto. So tired of playing people/CPU who run spread offenses and watch as their slot receivers look like #1's. It doesn't matter if I put my best corners in the slot, 8/10 times they still get beat. Don't even get me started on trying to cover those short running back routes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »