Home

Defensive Line Moves. What Are They? What Am I Doing Wrong?

This is a discussion on Defensive Line Moves. What Are They? What Am I Doing Wrong? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
Defensive Line Moves. What Are They? What Am I Doing Wrong?

I'll have moments where I am using Kris Jenkins and see him doing spin moves, no matter if I am moving the stick up ro down.

Sometimes he does a power move, sometimes he does a swim.

Same thing happens with edge rushers.

How do I get the guy to do a specific move set? Does turbo cause this? am I moving the stick in the wrong direction?

I was under the impression that:

down=power move
UP: Finnesse
Left/Right: Swim move left or right

But sometimes, I get a dang spin move with a 360 pound nose tackle when I dont want one lol..I dont get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Defensive Line Moves. What Are They? What Am I Doing Wrong?

I think that there isn't really a "move set" where pressing this button/direction will cause one move versus another move. I think it's more that you press right, and he will use a Power/Finesse move (depending on his attributes) to beat his guy to the right. If you press left he'll try and beat him to the left.

Up and Down I haven't been able to figure out. From what I've seen it looks like down tries to beat the blocker while going through him or pushing him out of the way (bull rush/rip), and up tries to beat the blocker while disengaging (spin). Again, I haven't noticed any real rhyme or reason for up/down, but left/right just seems to tell your guy which side to get around the blocker on and not necessarily which move to use.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I think that there isn't really a "move set" where pressing this button/direction will cause one move versus another move. I think it's more that you press right, and he will use a Power/Finesse move (depending on his attributes) to beat his guy to the right. If you press left he'll try and beat him to the left.

Up and Down I haven't been able to figure out. From what I've seen it looks like down tries to beat the blocker while going through him or pushing him out of the way (bull rush/rip), and up tries to beat the blocker while disengaging (spin). Again, I haven't noticed any real rhyme or reason for up/down, but left/right just seems to tell your guy which side to get around the blocker on and not necessarily which move to use.

That makes a litte more sense. Basically the RS is what path you want to take around the blocker then?
Old 09-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

my defensive lineman always ends up flat on his a$$ when I try to push up. This I am having problems with as well. The CPU qb is getting way too much time to pass the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »