Home

I have what is probably a terrible idea...

This is a discussion on I have what is probably a terrible idea... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: I have what is probably a terrible idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderdog
Feel free to feel differently, but the only time I feel like I can "lead" the reciever or place the ball where I want it to go, is when I'm throwing deep. I may wrong, it happened once before. I'd rather not get into that, however, as it was a complete mess.
I agree that the "lead" system currently doesn't work like it should, but isn't that a sensitivity issue? EA could make it more sensative so that if you aim too much with the left stick the ball will travel beyond where the receiver can catch it.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
I agree that the "lead" system currently doesn't work like it should, but isn't that a sensitivity issue? EA could make it more sensative so that if you aim too much with the left stick the ball will travel beyond where the receiver can catch it.
I would rather see the sensitivity increased then the trigger system that was suggested. The trigger idea would be to much for about 85% of the people who play madden. Imagine the crybabies from the QB vision coming in and complaining that they cant throw the ball...
Old 09-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I for one, liked the QB vision. Although it was not "sim," I think that it definitely offered some semblance of "realism" as to the QB's vision of the field. The afore mentioned control scheme could actually do the same thing, without the un "sim" flashlight on the QB's head. Maybe you could even have the QB have happy feet ala Peyton Manning and rotate toward whatever reciever's button your pressing so that the defense might get a clue as to where you are throwing the ball.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I thought about the scrambling bit. Perhaps holding A would be better utilized to give QB option to scramble, and X could be your bailout? Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I think it could work
Old 09-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderdog
I was reading another thread a bit ago, not sure which one, but it gave me an idea. It had something to do with a pressure sensitive throw power attached to the RT. I was thinking, why not give your recievers icon attached to the LT, LB, RT, RB buttons. Then to throw to said reciever, you use the RTS, NHL09 style. Then you could also lead (or misfire) and pump fake specific recievers. Before you come at me with what about the fifth reciever, this could be attached to a reciever who might be the bail out on a blitz, and while viewing coach view or whatever preplay with RT, you could choose that reciever as your bailout option.

Is this dumb?
I think that your idea is not dumb but it may be hard to implement to a point where its not "broken"..what i mean is im sure this idea has been sifted thru by many football game developers. The problem i feel is that the lead passing is not pronounce enough in madden ..hopefully this can be addressed next year a bit...or give us a slider to adjust that..

Moe
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »