Home

CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

This is a discussion on CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #33
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

I'm deff going to have to give this a try when I get home, if it works like everyone says it does it may be a game saver for me because I was thiniking about selling it for NBA 2k10 when it comes out.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Does this really work? Or are we all just seeing a placebo effect?
It plays better!! I have been playing like this since i got the game..
Old 09-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #35
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
It plays better!! I have been playing like this since i got the game..
Lol now im excited to get off of work and go home and try it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
How is it dog and pony tricks?

The options are there for us to tweak the game to our liking...Should the game had been better out of the box? Prolly so but I havent played any game that I didnt have to tweak for maximum enjoyment...It aint like we have to mod the game or turn the disk a special way lol...
Every sports game i have i had to tweak it.... I think some people just want to hate on EA!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #37
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

It does play much better, you can lower the speed threshold some which makes the players play better to their skill. I'm using 25 right now. You don't want to set it to low or the blockers become to slow in my opinion. Everyone blocks a lot better in Very Slow for sure though. A lot less problems when I go and look at replays.

It does suck for game speed though I think. I found Slow to be very good spead, pretty much NFL speed. Very Slow just seems a tad to low but the game plays better for sure.

The person that asked about pass rush. I use custom sliders, close to Playmakers with some of my own tweeks. I currently have CPU pass blocking at 5 and I have my the player skill pass rush at 100. This gives me about 2 sacks a game average. By average I mean some games you will get zero some you might get 4. Though I found I get more now that I use a dive button. I never used to dive, I would just first use the right stick to get around the blocker then I would hit the spint trigger and try and get to the QB as fast as possible before he did his automatic throw it at the last second and don't take a sack trick. I found if you do that same thing and use the dive button on top of that you get more sacks. Its silly but the dive seems to make the defensive player jump into the QB and it a lot of times cancels that quick throw animation and you end up with more sacks and less lame duck passes.

I think once I learn that trick even better I will probably have to turn up the pass blocking for the cpu and maybe turn down my pass rush some or I might end up with to many sacks (granted this only works with the player your controling.)

Last edited by SGMRock; 09-05-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #38
Banned

Yep SGM i have mine set at 0 makes the game play faster also
Old 09-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought this idea was crap, but I figured I'd give it a try before I gave up altogether on Madden. I've only gotten in one game on Very Slow, but it was one of the very best "feeling" games I've had. I had some games that were almost as good on Slow, but I also had games where the OTs turned around and ran five yards deep into the backfield on running plays and all sorts of other garbage. So, I'm going to keep trying out Very Slow to see if it more consistently delivers a solid, fun game.

Two things make me somewhat hopeful that Very Slow does, somehow, make a difference. First, I saw some blocking in the run game that I just hadn't seen before. One thing that really jumped out was that on outside runs, my TEs were very clearly chipping the guy right in front of them to slow him down and then going on to seal off (with a very nice low block animation) a guy coming at the RB from the inside. It was one of the best sequences I've come across in the game and I don't really recall seeing it when I played on Slow. I also saw my RB get slowed down by a DL who was engaged with my OL, rather than suction-tackled. It looked pretty realistic. There were, unfortunately, a few plays (both pass and run) where OL made some questionable decisions about who to block and how to get after them. There were a few suction tackles, too. But, I could live with the levels of bad o-line AI and suction tackles I saw in this last game.

The second thing is that the big plays seemed less glitchy. There were still some questionable pursuit angles, but I didn't see anyone get himself too badly out of position when chasing the ballcarrier. I sure didn't have any easy chances for kickoff return TDs and the one INT I threw led to a quick tackle. Basically, the bad pursuit angles weren't killers like they were on Slow -- the defenders were able to make a play, eventually. I didn't see anything like the kind of nonsense where guys are constantly squaring up, tacking, squaring up, tacking, etc, where they are just dead out of the play.

This is just one game played (me: PHL, CPU: DAL) so take it with a boulder of salt, of course. It does seem worth trying out further, though.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:58 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I'm just clarifying here, in post #1 Dafunk mentioned game speed at very slow, but in #21 he said slow. Does it matter either way or are the best results at very slow? Thanks.

Dafunk, you have yet to answer what your threshold is set to.
I play on very slow game speed and my threshold is set at defualt 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »