Home

CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

This is a discussion on CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #49
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

Your WR toetaps every time if he's awarness is 95.

I've got a HB, that has 95 awareness and consistently toetaps. (Santonio Holmes animation)
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #50
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

I've got a HB, that has 95 awareness and consistently toetaps. (Santonio Holmes animation)
Are you serious? If that is the case, that is one weird bug.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #51
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

By toetaps you mean doing his best to stay inbounds when passes are on the sidelines?

Also on the awareness thing. I know they lowered everyones stats this year but I think them lowering awareness on everyone along with it has caused some of these problems. I mean its ok to make a player not as physically grifted as other players, but that doesn't mean they are just stupid as well. :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Wow, so a player needs that much awareness to always try to stay in bounds on the sidelines/back of the endzone?

Isn't that pretty close to receiving 101? I could see guys with below average awareness screwing it up a lot, but I would think average guys should be relatively capable at dragging/tapping the feet?

I wonder if this applies to defenders too? Like if Ray Lewis was trying to pick off a pass in the back of the endzone or covering a HB in the flat - would he top-tap? I believe his awareness is 99 or something close to it?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 11

Wow, I have to say this is a nice find. I tried these out using the Titans against the Falcons. I won 24-17. Only two huge scoring plays the entire game and stats were pretty spot on. I used Jukeman's fatigue settings, all-pro default, speed threshold at 50.

I'm going to try out a few more slider sets before choosing, but if I don't find anything better, this might be the way I'll go. My personal experience is that default all-pro seems to be more balanced than a lot of the slider sets out there, and this speed setting might be even better than the rest. Hmmm.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #54
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Just played my 1st game of my second season and used very slow. It was a great game. Me using the Raiders beat the broncos 24-13. No huge plays. Stats were very realistic and TOP was about even. I have my threshold at 20. Still wondering what the best threshold should be on very slow.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #55
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

its true that the NFL runs at a very fast pace...but...how much 'sim' can one really achieve when you play with a 'god-like' view after the ball is snapped.

just something to keep in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #56
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
its true that the NFL runs at a very fast pace...but...how much 'sim' can one really achieve when you play with a 'god-like' view after the ball is snapped.

just something to keep in mind.
well thats true but you are never going to have that level of sim until you can strap a virtual reality visor on your head and have a real view of the FB field that the QB has with perifiel vision and surround sound so you can hear that CB blitzing you from behind coming at you full speed so you can turtle at the last second. :P I mean honestly do we really want to play football that way as a gamer. Shoot we would have to actually memorize the playbook and go through progressions and so on. I bet most of us would never complete a pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »